Spooks Forum
Rupert Penry-Jones - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Character & Actor Discussion (/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Rupert Penry-Jones (/thread-1039.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - HellsBells - 04-02-2011 02:28 PM

Thanks for that Aria, I keep forgetting he is in Silk, must make a note to try and watch it.

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - DogSoSmall - 05-02-2011 05:47 PM

Just a random thought. For some time I've thought RPJ would make a superb Lord Peter Wimsey. He would bring a lot more smoldering passion to it than Edward Peterbridge did in the previous series (was that in the 80s?). Definitely time for a remake, I reckon. Any budding producers out there?

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - Naivety - 05-02-2011 11:10 PM

I am such a fan of Lord Peter Wimsey! I even loved the eighties version, so any remake would please me. RPJ would make a great LPW so long as he could pull off the eccentricity.

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - DogSoSmall - 06-02-2011 08:41 AM

I wouldn't have thought so until recently, but he's matured so much and I'm much more impressed by his acting skills now than I ever used to be. And LPW is supposed to be massively attractive to women. He could certainly pull that bit off!!

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - Aria - 21-02-2011 05:40 PM

RPJ talking about new project Silk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrObUNbEIyE&feature=player_embedded

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - HellsBells - 22-02-2011 12:57 PM

Thanks for the link Aria, I'm really looking forward to Silk, it seems to have some good reports about it.

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - loladom - 22-02-2011 09:24 PM

Watching silk now. Oh he needs to come back to Spooks. I've forgotten how yummy he is! Sorry Lucas fans, but Adam Carter was never really replacedWink

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - Kazters - 22-02-2011 09:29 PM

^me to I agree

I do wish rpj would cut his hair though

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - HellsBells - 23-02-2011 06:32 PM

Wish he had more screen time on Silk, it did seem to concentrate on his female colleague (can't remember her name!). But I definitely think this is going to be a good series to follow.

Sorry still a Lucas fan!

RE: Rupert Penry-Jones - Byatil - 23-02-2011 07:53 PM

Watched Silk earlier Smile It was good; totally unrealistic of course, but very entertaining! I expect RPJ will have more screen-time as the series progresses, but it does seem that the writers are focusing on how difficult it is for women to reach a high-status in law firms; especially when they're defence lawyers Wink