Spooks Forum
My recruitment - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: New Personnel (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: My recruitment (/thread-1045.html)

Pages: 1 2

My recruitment - Lester Freamon - 26-07-2010 05:58 PM

I was recruited by Spooks earlier this year when I was given the season 1 DVD set for my birthday - I've been hooked ever since. I really can't believe I missed out on seeing it from the start!! I've always been a fan of the spy/thriller genre and love long arcing TV series (and obsessing about them). I finished season 5 last night and was very disappointed that my season 6 order from Amazon didn't arrive this morning - I'm not working this week and I was looking forward to hopefully finishing this set too (whether the kids will let me or not is another matter!!!).

Looking forward to sharing Spooks with you all.

RE: My recruitment - bertowud - 26-07-2010 06:02 PM

Welcome to the forum! I've really enjoyed watching mos of the series all at once on DVD. It makes for a very interesting experience.

RE: My recruitment - Lester Freamon - 26-07-2010 06:16 PM

Thank you.

I've really don't know how I coped before TV DVD box sets and Sky +. I've experienced much of my favourite TV through the medium of DVD (The Wire, Chuck, The Unit) rather than catching when first broadcast.

RE: My recruitment - Tea Lady - 26-07-2010 06:20 PM

Welcome Lester. I take it you don't work for Baltimore police anymore? Wink

Enjoy series 6.

TL

RE: My recruitment - Lester Freamon - 26-07-2010 06:48 PM

Good catch Tea Lady ! - it took months for someone on one of the 24 forums to spot where my handle came from - I think Freamon would certainly be an asset on The Grid - his approach to Police work is very similar to that of an intelligence analyst.

RE: My recruitment - Tea Lady - 26-07-2010 07:06 PM

(26-07-2010 06:48 PM)Lester Freamon Wrote:  Good catch Tea Lady ! - it took months for someone on one of the 24 forums to spot where my handle came from - I think Freamon would certainly be an asset on The Grid - his approach to Police work is very similar to that of an intelligence analyst.

I agree and he also makes pretty good dolls house furniture as well. Smile

RE: My recruitment - Lester Freamon - 26-07-2010 07:44 PM

Yes, certainly not that much of an action man but a very perceptive shrewd investigator with the little character touches (a bit like Malcolms choral singing) that make for quality TV drama. This is one of the reasons I love Spooks - I have always been a big 24 fan but find the characterization, plotting and realism of Spooks much more compelling - it's intelligent TV (like The Wire) but still with the fast paced action as well.

RE: My recruitment - lwhite53 - 26-07-2010 10:31 PM

Hi Lester and welcome.

RE: My recruitment - Nia M - 26-07-2010 10:55 PM

Hiya Lester and welcome Smile

RE: My recruitment - Skully - 27-07-2010 02:20 AM

Welcome to the forum, Lester Smile