Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? (2) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: TV (/forum-32.html)
+---- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (2) (/thread-1056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - xxgaylexx - 08-10-2010 10:09 AM

(26-09-2010 05:46 PM)Aria Wrote:  I don't think these programmes have been mentioned on this thread, but I enjoy Medium and Supernatural, which are shown on Living in the UK. Supernatural because it's fun escapist hokum with the eye-candy of the Winchester brothers Smile and I love Medium for its great actors and writing. I can tell the different seasons of Medium apart from Patricia Arqueutte's hairstyle Tongue

ahh i love supernatural! the winchester boys are definately my cup of tea Smile

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Aria - 09-10-2010 09:29 PM

Did anybody watch The Song of Lunch with Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman last night? It was wonderful and beautifully lyrical and I kept thinking this could be H/R all the way through - her "oracle" eyes, his insecurities about his age, his frustration with his work, Paris, red wine and we even had a rooftop scene.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - JHyde - 10-10-2010 02:43 AM

I heard about that! I was planning to try and track it down or find out if the ABC was going to show it here. With a cast like it had, I'd say they will.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Beatriz - 11-10-2010 02:16 PM

(09-10-2010 09:29 PM)Aria Wrote:  Did anybody watch The Song of Lunch with Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman last night? It was wonderful and beautifully lyrical and I kept thinking this could be H/R all the way through - her "oracle" eyes, his insecurities about his age, his frustration with his work, Paris, red wine and we even had a rooftop scene.

I watched it yesterday night, and I loved it, Alan Rickman has a wonderful voice, both of them were wonderful. I really like the way they shot it, very poetical. I'm not sure if they could be HR, but the truth is that I'd love to see them a scene filmed like that, hearing Harry's thoughts; that would be lovely. I wish Spanish tv did something like this...

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Anthony K - 14-10-2010 05:49 AM

I personally recommend Boardwalk Empire. The writing has been really good, they have a great cast, and the sets are amazing. Also being person who has a long time interest in the history of organized crime, they are doing a really good job capturing the look and feel of the underworld of that era and the depiction of the characters that actually lived are pretty dead on.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Naivety - 17-10-2010 02:06 PM

Pillars of the Earth started on Channel 4 last night, and it lived up to my expectations. Excellent stuff and kept my mind off Spooks for a couple of hours!

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - JHyde - 18-10-2010 06:27 AM

I am very excited about Boardwalk Empire. I don't think we get it her for quite a while but I have high hopes. I love Steve Buscemi and Kelly McDonald, very exciting for both of them.

Despite the bad press surrounding the promo, Shameless should also be really good stuff. Has a stellar cast and the series it is based upon is also excellent.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Obsession - 18-10-2010 10:00 AM

I liked "Vexed" when I was in England. I think it might have been a pilot as there was only 2 episodes. I hope they make more but still keep the quirky, random, non-serious edge to it.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - A Cousin - 18-10-2010 01:51 PM

Watched the first episode of Luther last night. That Idris Elba is one magnificent actor and Luther himself is one intense dude! I remember him from The (US) Office. The hour flew by. Well, hour and a half on this side of the pond because of commercial breaks. The commercials do interrupt the flow a bit but I would rather have it uncut with commercials than shoe-horned into an hour slot. I hope Steven Mackintosh gets more to do. I've always liked him. Not liking Ruth Wilson but I don't think I'm supposed to. And was that "Bob Hogan" I saw? If I am remembering correctly Neil Cross has written for Spooks?

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Tea Lady - 18-10-2010 04:00 PM

(17-10-2010 02:06 PM)Naivety Wrote:  Pillars of the Earth started on Channel 4 last night, and it lived up to my expectations. Excellent stuff and kept my mind off Spooks for a couple of hours!

Yes I watched as well and got into it by the time the two and a bit hours were up. It went at such a terrific pace that you couldn't even leave to make a cup of tea. I wonder how the book compares? Somehow I think the book would be better with this sort of story and so many characters. MM was pretty good in it, although his accent kept slipping and you thought, why is he speaking like a Welshman when he remembered it.