Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? (2) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: TV (/forum-32.html)
+---- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (2) (/thread-1056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - DropkickMorgan - 18-10-2010 10:12 PM

Anyone ever seen The Unit? I was addicted to it before I discovered Spooks. It follows an American special ops team, so it's obviously got a lot more action, but it is the closest thing I've seen to Spooks.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - bertowud - 18-10-2010 11:01 PM

You know? I think you're right. The Unit probably is the closest thing to Spooks in the US. I've watched it off and on but never got truly addicted to it. It has some great people too. Not sure why I didn't catch the bug.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - JHyde - 21-10-2010 10:31 AM

So I have watched the first two episodes of Single Father and am suitably impressed. It has totally veered off the the course I thought it would take and I like that, the surprise works for it.

David Tennant couldn't have picked a better TV project to come back with. He's terrific in this role, a character who goes from likeable to not in the space of two scenes.

It won't take the place of my Mad Men viewing Monday nights (here) but it's surprising me and I like that.

Speaking of Mad Men - the last episode of the fourth season had some MAJOR surprises. I don't think I've ever yelled so much at Don for being an idiot! I really hope some of you start watching it, I'm always surprised when people say they've never heard of it. HOW, I ASK YOU? It is magnificent viewing, but you need to give it time to get under your skin. And few shows really get better with age but this one does.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - silverskater - 09-11-2010 10:57 PM

I'm still mourning the end of Sopranos - all it takes is a couple of notes of the theme music to bring a shiver to my spine and the longing for them all returns - very Pavlovian. It was such an excellent series, the writing, acting - the lot. There was not a redeeming feature among any of the characters, including the children, but it had me in its grip for years.

I used to be hooked on Desperate Housewives but went off it 2 series ago and there really hasn't been much since except, of course, for Mad Men oh, and Stobart Trucks - which I found on daytime tv when I was off sick for a couple of weeks Smile

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - JHyde - 10-11-2010 07:59 AM

It's funny you say that about The Sopranos. I started re-watching it a week or so back for the first time since the finale. I still think the show ended terribly, but it's been great remembering why I loved it in the first place.

I honestly think that TV drama would look very different now if it hadn't been for The West Wing and The Sopranos. They saved TV drama in the States, that's for sure. Now it's healthy with some of the best shows ever, but in the late 90s it was really languishing. Thank God for Aaron Sorkin and David Chase.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - nicky_84 - 10-11-2010 09:52 AM

Single Father was great,really enjoyed it. David Tennant is such a fantastic actor. Doctor Who just hasn't been the same for me since DT's departure.

Anyone watching X Factor?

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Naivety - 10-11-2010 10:35 PM

Did anyone watch Downton Abby? I loved it and with it finishing in the same week as Spooks, I'm feeling a bit bereft. **sniff**

I'm looking forward to Garrows Law, which starts this Sunday, I think.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - silverskater - 10-11-2010 11:01 PM

(10-11-2010 10:35 PM)Naivety Wrote:  Did anyone watch Downton Abby? I loved it and with it finishing in the same week as Spooks, I'm feeling a bit bereft. **sniff**

I'm looking forward to Garrows Law, which starts this Sunday, I think.

I enjoyed Downton Abbey primarily because of Maggie Smith - she was her usual brilliant self - no one can do that sniff and look down their nose like she can. Also looking forward to Garrows Law as that was good Sunday night viewing last time round.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - nicky_84 - 11-11-2010 12:42 PM

I only got to see one episode of Downton Abbey as it clashed with Single Father,but i think i shall have to get the dvd. Was going to watch Garrows Law but i think I'm a celebrity.... starts on sunday at the same time.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Beatriz - 11-11-2010 04:46 PM

I've seen Dowtnton Abbey, it's pretty good, Maggie Smith is brilliant in it, she's so funny!! I particularly love her relationship with Mathew's mother Big Grin And Bates is soooo cute! hahaha Smile Ah! And I dislike the curly fringe woman and her little friend.