Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? (2) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: TV (/forum-32.html)
+---- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (2) (/thread-1056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - anneofct - 28-12-2010 09:44 PM

(28-12-2010 08:38 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  
(28-12-2010 05:14 PM)anneofct Wrote:  As far as comedy I am a big Psych fan, even read the books. I also watch The Office, 30 Rock and Community. Community keeps getting better while the other 2 are losing steam. Dramatic shows-Chase, Blue Blood, The Event

I'm not that into comedy shows, USA network shows are about the closest thing I watch to comedy, Psych is pretty cool but I don't watch it that much.

Blue Bloods is a wonderful show, great cast and it's got a great balance between the family moments as well as moments about the job.

Chase is a show that I felt like is NBC trying to cash in on the drama/crime genre, it reminds me of a cross between In Plain Sight and Criminal Minds, except done not as well. NBC is much better at the comedy genre than the big dramatic ones.

The Event was really interesting when started, but I feel like it's losing steam already.

----------------

I can't wait for White Collar to come back though! Second half of the season looks so amazing!Yahoo

I agree about The Event. I figured I will watch it till it fizzles. After being dissapointed by Lost, I am not investing in any scifi/conspiracy theory shows (well except for Dr. Who).

Started watching Blue Blood for my love of Donnie, but I have actually come to really like it.

Chase is a guilty pleasure, if it got cancelled there would be no hard feelings.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - BravoNine - 29-12-2010 12:07 AM

(28-12-2010 09:44 PM)anneofct Wrote:  I agree about The Event. I figured I will watch it till it fizzles. After being dissapointed by Lost, I am not investing in any scifi/conspiracy theory shows (well except for Dr. Who).

LOL well, Doctor Who is a classic! Big Grin

I am a big Sci-Fi nerd, so I'm probably always gonna be drawn into those stories.

May I suggest watching Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis? Both shows are wonderful, I've watched them since I was young and I still go back and enjoy the episodes.

Stephen King stories also are pretty good. USA network used to air The Dead Zone, which was well done. SyFy channel just aired a new summer drama called Haven, it had a slow start but I found that the show only grew strong with each episode, their season finale was pretty impressive. The show is based on Stephen King's book The Colorado Kid.

(28-12-2010 09:44 PM)anneofct Wrote:  Started watching Blue Blood for my love of Donnie, but I have actually come to really like it.

CBS does do very well with their crime dramas, that much is pretty sure, they've practically built a crime drama empire. Blue Bloods is a wonderful addition to their crime drama list. Not many shows are able to find the good balance between the drama/crime and the family stuff. Blue Bloods has well with that balance, and the cast is pretty brilliant! Smile

--------------------

Since you mentioned that you are a Psych fan, may I suggest to you to watch more of Psych's fellow USA-network shows if you haven't already. Networks like USA are rare these days, I don't think there is a show on the USA network that I don't like. I may not a big rabid fans of all of them, but I can still enjoy all the shows.

I definitely say watch White Collar, one of the most intelligent and well-acted/well-written shows I have seen. It is now my number 1 favorite show! There is not a single episode of that show that I don't like.

Leverage on TNT channel is also another brilliant show, smart, action-packed, drama, and great comedy, and a cast that simply shines together!

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Naivety - 10-01-2011 07:54 PM

At last, there is some fantastic telly to watch. Silent Witness, Above Suspicion, Zen (Phwoar!) and the very fluffy Lark Rise to Candleford!

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - HellsBells - 11-01-2011 12:43 PM

I'm glad Silent Witness is back, I thought that maybe it had gone for good after BBC cutbacks.
Zen is interesting, still not sure if I love it or not. Rufus Sewell (sp?) is brilliant in it but there doesn't seem to be many other main characters yet, might try and find the books it is based upon sometime.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - anneofct - 14-01-2011 04:24 PM

(10-01-2011 07:54 PM)Naivety Wrote:  At last, there is some fantastic telly to watch. Silent Witness, Above Suspicion, Zen (Phwoar!) and the very fluffy Lark Rise to Candleford!

Ooh I just finished watching Season 1 of Lark Rise and love it. I am going to the library to pick up Season 2 tomorrow.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Saerwen - 14-01-2011 04:53 PM

I love watching the Winter Sports on telly especially alpine skiing, ski jump, biathlon etc., I think if I come back in a next life I hope I am a Biathlon athlete representing Scotland.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Saerwen - 24-01-2011 10:13 PM

Just been watching Silent Witness on the Beeb and Harry has met a sticky end or so it seems. Hope it's just a ruse as I'm getting kind of fed-up with characters I like vanishing off the screen.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Naivety - 25-01-2011 08:21 AM

I watched that last night.

Series Silent Witness Spoiler: show
The way Harry Cunningham met his end was particularly disturbing I thought. What a dark and desolate way to go!

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - cateau1 - 25-01-2011 12:28 PM

This is all sounding dark and dramatic. Am I allowed to confess to loving Phil and Kirsty?

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - HellsBells - 25-01-2011 02:31 PM

I watched Silent Witness last night and thought it was all a bit strange and unrealistic, hopefully it will all be explained tonight.
Series silent witness Spoiler: show
I think Harry is dead, which was quite a shock, never saw that coming, and drawing on his girlfriend with a marker pen was differently odd.
Series series9 Spoiler: show
But at least he didn't turn in to someone completely different before jumping off a building!