Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? (2) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: TV (/forum-32.html)
+---- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (2) (/thread-1056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - A Cousin - 01-02-2011 03:44 PM

(29-01-2011 03:49 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  I've been watching Glee, too, and I can say after a few episodes that I can't understand how this series won two Golden Gloves, PLEASE!!

Glee drives me crazy and I can't stand it. Possibly because it reminds me too much of my annoying 16 year old self! Blush I might as well be watching American Idol which I can't stand either. I agree that Jane Lynch is delicious in it though.

Just finished watching the first season of Downton Abbey. Its a bit of a soap opera for the Edwardian age but there is certainly a lot of character motivation to discuss (on another forum.) Besides, Hugh Bonneville and Brendan Coyle of screen together? At the same time?!? What chance does a fan-girl have!?! Silba

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - JHyde - 02-02-2011 01:15 PM

OH THANK GOD! I thought it was only me. They're all insufferable and I can only tolerate its existence because, like so many people, I have loved Jane Lynch in so many things over the years that I am happy for her success.

The rest of them can hold hands and jump off the edge of the world for all I care.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - BravoNine - 02-02-2011 01:25 PM

(01-02-2011 11:44 AM)tyme4t Wrote:  Waving my Canadian flag here ~ "InSecurity" from CBC! It plays on and spoofs everything spy-related. Set in Ottawa, NISA (not a real agency) agents "protect" the country from the bad guys! It's been described as "Get Smart" updated. I can't help but laugh and yes I even LOL!

Check it out if you can http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/InSecurity Cool

Ohhhhh interesting Canadian show!

I think the only Canadian show that I watch is Flashpoint! I love that show!

I'm such a sucker for crime dramas! Big Grin

(01-02-2011 03:44 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(29-01-2011 03:49 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  I've been watching Glee, too, and I can say after a few episodes that I can't understand how this series won two Golden Gloves, PLEASE!!

Glee drives me crazy and I can't stand it. Possibly because it reminds me too much of my annoying 16 year old self! Blush I might as well be watching American Idol which I can't stand either. I agree that Jane Lynch is delicious in it though.

Well, award shows like the Golden Globes likes shows like Glee. Glee does tackle some issues that mainstream television doesn't like to acknowledge in the states, and award shows like that kind of television and its message, therefore it's likable enough to win awards.

I'm not the biggest Glee fan, but I have to say that Glee is far better than American Idol, at least the characters on Glee can sing, at least I won't have to listen to what sounds like cats being strangled on Idol.

Glee is one of those shows that's not for everyone, either you like or you just despise it's eternal happiness, but that's the kind of show it is. But despite my general neutralness when it comes to Glee, I have to say that Chris Colfer and Jane Lynch's Golden Globes awards are well deserved ones, I won't deny that.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - A Cousin - 08-02-2011 04:53 PM

Top Gear cracked me up last night. The boys were driving down the Blue Ridge Parkway at 35 MPH. Not quite the Transfagarasan Highway! LOL! The Blue Ridge Parkway is a "scenic" drive not a "good" drive.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - HellsBells - 09-02-2011 02:43 PM

Did anyone watch 'Outcasts' starring Hermione Norris? Not convinced by the planet being some other world, it still looked like South Africa to me. And HN was just being Ros in a different place. Must admit I was not overly impressed by it but will watch it again to see if it improves.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Saerwen - 09-02-2011 03:17 PM

I fell asleep whilst Outcasts was on so can't really give and opinion.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Forever Secret - 09-02-2011 03:34 PM

(09-02-2011 02:43 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Did anyone watch 'Outcasts' starring Hermione Norris? Not convinced by the planet being some other world, it still looked like South Africa to me. And HN was just being Ros in a different place. Must admit I was not overly impressed by it but will watch it again to see if it improves.

Thats my thoughts exactly Smile
HN's character, Stella... she's just too Ros-like, all her authority...
Take Stella to Thames House and Ros would come back to life Wink, they're too similar to each other
Where as Danny Mays' character Cass is nothing like Jim Keats (From when Danny was in Ashes to Ashes) and actually Cass is the reason I'm still watching it Wink

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - MrsHat - 09-02-2011 09:43 PM

I haven't seen Outcasts yet, it's on my list of things to watch as I was busy at the time it aired but I haven't heard many good reviews.

I can't stand Danny Mays though but am watching for HN Heart

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Tea Lady - 09-02-2011 10:39 PM

(09-02-2011 02:43 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Did anyone watch 'Outcasts' starring Hermione Norris? Not convinced by the planet being some other world, it still looked like South Africa to me. And HN was just being Ros in a different place. Must admit I was not overly impressed by it but will watch it again to see if it improves.

Oh dear. It's very poor. I went back for episode two and it improved slighty. I will keep watching for now but that's only because I feel bad for Kudos if this fails. I read the figures for episode two dropped from 4.4 million to 3.3 million. I know these are only the overnight figures but they are very low indeed. I can accept South Africa as an alien planet but I can't accept poor acting and poor writing. This was supposed to be Ben Richards baby! Calling the president bloke Richard Tate (dictate) was tacky from the off. As for HN, yes she was just Ros on another assignment. Ian Wylie says stick with it, it gets better after episode 3. I fear most of it's viewers have already jumped ship.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Naivety - 10-02-2011 07:08 AM

I will also stick with it, but I did feel as though the baddies were having to try very hard to be bad for reasons that seemed forced. It certainly doesn't flow like Spooks or A2A, and the acting is wooden. I didn't even think much of HN and I've liked every character she's ever played up to now.