Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? (2) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: TV (/forum-32.html)
+---- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (2) (/thread-1056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Naivety - 29-09-2011 06:52 PM

(29-09-2011 02:50 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Watched 2.1 of Luther last night on BBC America. Brutal! Idris Elba is just incredible.

Isn't it good? I love Luther!

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - A Cousin - 29-09-2011 10:02 PM

(29-09-2011 06:52 PM)Naivety Wrote:  
(29-09-2011 02:50 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Watched 2.1 of Luther last night on BBC America. Brutal! Idris Elba is just incredible.

Isn't it good? I love Luther!

Really liked the first episode. (Ironically I watch it right after Spooks 7.2 currently playing on our local PBS station.) Very suspenseful even though they tell you who the murderer is. I watched it last series for NW's episode (cardigans and crying included. Wink), but liked it in general. The actress who plays Alice kind of bugs me though. Not sure why. I've liked her in other things. Idris Elba is fantastic. Incredible moment when he plays Russian Roulette in the morning I assume to see if he should keep going: shower, dress, cuppa, shoot self in head. Great character moment.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Naivety - 29-09-2011 10:17 PM

You are very lucky to get Spooks series 7, we only ever get the first three repeated here. Series 6,7,8 and 9 never get re-shown.

Re Luther, I actually like the Alice character, even though she's a dangerous, needy character. She and Idris have good on screen chemistry.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - TripleHazard - 18-10-2011 05:27 PM

I loved Shadow Line it was a fantastic series with great character's
the mysterious peter gliekman & the downright creepy GateHouse
BBC crime fiction at it's best A+ .But not many people i have talked to have watched it
"No but did you see X factor Yawn that's when i turn my brain off or do a harry & say sorry i have to take this call"
I also Love Scrub's the only American show that make's
me laugh out loud.
I hate Misfits don't get what people like about this

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - silverskater - 18-10-2011 06:47 PM

(18-10-2011 05:27 PM)TripleHazard Wrote:  I loved Shadow Line it was a fantastic series with great character's
the mysterious peter gliekman & the downright creepy Gatehouse

I love Shadow Line and there wasn't a weak character in the entire series. GateHouse was one of the most threatening amoral characters I've ever seen - all the more terrifying because he was so controlled and quiet - a man without passion it would seem.

The scene between Gatehouse and Glickman in the clock shop in Ireland was stunning - it was so controlled and the pauses were filled with so much meaning. I could wax lyrical about this for pages and would urge anyone who enjoys well made entertainment, that treats the audience as adults with an attention span of longer than 10 seconds, this is well worth looking out.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - JHyde - 19-10-2011 08:17 AM

I haven't visited this thread in a while but basically if you're not watching Breaking Bad I don't know what's wrong with you.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - TripleHazard - 19-10-2011 11:12 AM

Wasnt it fantastic (Shadowline) i have found a fan @ last (Silverskater)
you sound as though you loved it as much as me how do shows like this
fall through the gap's.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - silverskater - 19-10-2011 03:27 PM

TripleHazard have you watched the Danish version of The Killing? it is excellent and like Shadowline is made for adults who want to concentrate on character development and good writing, but with a production that doesn't demand that every screen moment has to be filled with sound and movement. I'm waiting for Series 2, which the BBC trailed last night with a frustrating 'Coming Soon' - yeah, okay, but how soon???!!!!

The US version looked very good but having watched the original, I found it difficult to watch something that was almost but not quite - I kept making comparisons and looking for what was different and I thought the politicians in the US version were weaker than the Danish original.

Currently watching the Body Farm which I watch mainly for Oggie but apart from Saturday Kitchen and the MotoGP there is nothing that interests me at the moment.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - TripleHazard - 21-10-2011 12:21 PM

Have found american version of The Killing on line(Download)
but can not seem to find Danish version for download can find it for sale on amazon
thanks for the tip i will check it out.I also like Moto G.P (Are you trying to recruit me,Ha,Ha) have just slid my Honda CBR 600 every time i go & look at it in garden it breaks my heart & think you dick Head
trying to be Jorge Lorenzo.
Thanks Again.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - silverskater - 21-10-2011 08:49 PM

i'm a big Rossi fan and believe the coming man is Simoncelli who has improved as the season has progressed; he actually stays on the bike for the entire race now!

I have the dvd out of the library to watch S1 of Deadwood which I'd heard was very good and having glimpsed a couple of episodes of Sons of Anarchy want to watch that sometime.

Go easy with the bike - our roads don't have run offs and tyre walls :o)