Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? (2) - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+---- Forum: TV (/forum-32.html)
+---- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (2) (/thread-1056.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - lwhite53 - 23-09-2010 03:19 PM

(23-09-2010 10:19 AM)Aria Wrote:  Anyone know anything about The Event which is meant to be shown on channel 4 soon? Is it like Flashforward?

Saw the first ep -- still too early to decide if it's going to be worth it. Lots of expositional set ups in ep 1, but no real idea what is going on yet. And no clue yet what "the event" is/was.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Nia M - 25-09-2010 03:16 PM

Anybody else here watch New Tricks?

Gave me a right giggle in last night's episode where
Spoiler: show
Brian and Gerry go to Thames House to look at MI5 records, and it's none other than our very own Spooks 'Thames House', aka Freemason's Hall! Tongue

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Aria - 26-09-2010 05:46 PM

I don't think these programmes have been mentioned on this thread, but I enjoy Medium and Supernatural, which are shown on Living in the UK. Supernatural because it's fun escapist hokum with the eye-candy of the Winchester brothers Smile and I love Medium for its great actors and writing. I can tell the different seasons of Medium apart from Patricia Arqueutte's hairstyle Tongue

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Beatriz - 27-09-2010 03:07 PM

Has anyone watched Boardwalk Empire? It looks interesting, I'd like to know some opinions about it.

Got to love September!

And I second what JHyde says about Mad Men. It's a brilliant series, it gets better and better, I wasn't too keen on it at first, but now I love it!

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Naivety - 27-09-2010 05:28 PM

Having read most of the books, I'm looking forward to DCI Banks tonight, although of course I'll be recording it for later! I love Stephen Tompkinson, but after seeing the trailer I'm a bit worried he's going to overact it.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Obsession - 01-10-2010 03:41 PM

Favourite shows for me:
Spicks and Specks - Australian music quiz show where the points don't really matter and the quiz part of it is always interesting - much more than the UK ...Buzzcocks show (although it was good while I was staying in the UK)

Have I Got News For You - yes is it UK and some die-hard fan has put them all on youtube even the first episodes since the 1970's!! Gotta love it!

Australian Masterchef - but not a total die-hard
Australian So You Think You Can Dance - mostly because I can't dance that well and the judges seem like they actually care and tell the trying dancers what to work on for next year.

That's about it for me.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Anthony K - 07-10-2010 06:04 AM

Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Hustle, Detroit 1-8-7, Chase, Underbelly, CNN, Forensic Files, Ghost Adventures, Sons of Anarchy, Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, Top Gear, and White Collar.

Seems like quite a bit, but almost all of these shows are only 12 episodes.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - JHyde - 07-10-2010 07:00 AM

Another Mad Men fan! I'm really thinking about starting a thread just for it, that show just gets better every season and of late it is my favourite show.

I swear I'm going to convert some of you to it if it kills me.

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - Beatriz - 07-10-2010 04:44 PM

HAHAHA Yeah! Mad Men is really brilliant, good to know we're not alone, JHyde, one of my favorite series, I'll be happy to chat about it Smile

I haven't seen Boardwalk Empire yet, I was waiting for somebody to tell me if it's any good...

RE: What other TV do you watch? (2) - JHyde - 08-10-2010 06:49 AM

Boardwalk Empire has a great cast and looks terrific on paper. I have high hopes.

But Mad Men has had 4 excellent seasons. It's still the one to beat.