Spooks Forum
Ben - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 6 (/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Ben (/thread-110.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Ben - Tranquility - 18-08-2009 01:22 PM

Personally I found his character rather boring and irritating but I found the storyline quite interesting. What did everyone think of his introduction to the team? did you like him?

RE: Ben - Nitrus - 18-08-2009 01:31 PM

He was ok... thing is, he was still very much the "noob" spook when he got murdered.. he seemed bright & able to catch onto things quickly.

RE: Ben - Juliet Delta - 18-08-2009 03:28 PM

Ben "boring" Kaplin. He just never really took off...the only close shave he had, was meeting his maker. Well that and Connie. Smile

RE: Ben - Nitrus - 18-08-2009 03:37 PM

(18-08-2009 03:28 PM)Juliet Delta Wrote:  Ben "boring" Kaplin. He just never really took off...the only close shave he had, was meeting his maker. Well that and Connie. Smile

I say nearly being assassinated by Ros as a "close shave" Tongue

RE: Ben - Juliet Delta - 18-08-2009 03:40 PM

Ahh yeah, but he really did get his close shave eventually! in the form of a razor, maybe not a Bic or Mach 3 but definatley a razor! Big Grin being chased by Ros, well that's every man's idea of heaven isnt it? Big Grin

RE: Ben - bertowud - 18-08-2009 03:53 PM

(18-08-2009 03:40 PM)Juliet Delta Wrote:  being chased by Ros, well that's every man's idea of heaven isnt it? Big Grin

Um, no. She might kill me if she's chasing me. Tongue

RE: Ben - allanah - 26-09-2009 04:04 AM

I can't stand Ben!!

From Jo's point of view he must be quite possibly the world's worst boyfriend. The fact that she has been kidnapped and is facing death in series 6 gets no reaction from him whatsoever - I mean I've seen more emotion when someone jumps the queue in a post office. Frequently.

RE: Ben - Sanctuary - 26-09-2009 04:07 PM

I don't know what it was with Ben, there was just something missing, no spark. I think the only time he seemed to show any emotion was when he was pursued by Ros and he met up with Jo and he said something about her explaining what was happening "without any spooky bullshit."

Oh and also 7:3, when Jamad was killed.

But overall, he didn't do it for me at all & I was pleased it was him being slit by Connie's underwire!Big Grin

RE: Ben - JHyde - 29-10-2009 12:03 PM

The character was just so two dimensional and only ever served as exposition.

Spoiler: show
Perhaps if season 7 had gone on for two more episodes we might have seen something more before he died.

RE: Ben - almh - 29-10-2009 12:08 PM

(26-09-2009 04:07 PM)Sanctuary Wrote:  I don't know what it was with Ben, there was just something missing, no spark. I think the only time he seemed to show any emotion was when he was pursued by Ros and he met up with Jo and he said something about her explaining what was happening "without any spooky bullshit."

Oh and also 7:3, when Jamad was killed.

But overall, he didn't do it for me at all & I was pleased it was him being slit by Connie's underwire!Big Grin

He definitely seemed so emotionless. Ros gets away with the whole not-caring side of things, I didn't feel that he did.