Spooks Forum
Greetings from Canada, eh. - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: New Personnel (/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: Greetings from Canada, eh. (/thread-1100.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Greetings from Canada, eh. - Giftcard - 24-08-2010 07:39 PM

I started watching Spooks (or MI-5 on this side of the pond) b/c of Richard Armitage. Heart I really enjoyed him in Robin Hood, looked him up on IMDB and discovered he was on Spooks (as an aside, love him as John Porter in Chris Ryan's Strike Back -- can't wait for Season 2!). So watched Season 7 in a weekend, and am almost through Season 8. Tomorrow night I'm watching episode 8. While I started watching b/c of RA, I love the show so much and will keep watching even once he's gone (even though I hope that won't be for a very, very, very long time or ever). I've got previous seasons on order from the library.

It's tough b/c this is the sort of show you need to be able to talk to someone about. None of my friends watch it, although I keep suggesting it. So I'm just thrilled to have found this forum! I will probably be more of a lurker but will definitely be around and look forward to reading people's thoughts on everything in the Spooks universe.

Some of my other favourite shows are Burn Notice, Sons Of Anarchy, White Collar, & Merlin.

Cheers!

ps - how I can get a Cdn flag next to my username? Ummm, never mind -- the flag is there.

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - bertowud - 24-08-2010 08:04 PM

You got it figured out.

Welcome to the forum! Many are here for much similar reasons.

I watch Burn Notice pretty faithfully, White Collar semi regularly, but never got into Sons of Anarchy and Merlin.

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - Giftcard - 24-08-2010 08:13 PM

(24-08-2010 08:04 PM)bertowud Wrote:  You got it figured out.

Welcome to the forum! Many are here for much similar reasons.

I watch Burn Notice pretty faithfully, White Collar semi regularly, but never got into Sons of Anarchy and Merlin.

Thanks for the welcome! This seems like a friendly forum. The internet isn't always a nice place but I think I'll like it here.

I'm pretty pumped about the Sam Axe prequel movie that's in the works. Sam is my favourite character on Burn Notice. Especially when he pulls out some Chuck Finley!

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - lwhite53 - 24-08-2010 09:43 PM

Hi Giftcard and welcome. Also a fan of Burn Notice!!

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - YourFutureMuse - 24-08-2010 09:51 PM

Welcome to the forum! Big Grin

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - Beatriz - 24-08-2010 10:31 PM

Welcome to the forum, Giftcard! Hope you decide to share your ideas with us Wink

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - lbarnes2 - 24-08-2010 10:42 PM

(24-08-2010 08:13 PM)Giftcard Wrote:  Thanks for the welcome! This seems like a friendly forum.

As forums go, this is easily the most friendly I've joined! Welcome!

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - Nia M - 24-08-2010 11:40 PM

Hiya Giftcard, welcome to the forum!

I started watching Spooks because of RA too (after seeing him in Robin Hood, saw he was joining for S7) but haven't seen Strike Back yet. Haven't been able to get into Burn Notice, but I love Merlin Big Grin

Anyway, yeah, hi Tongue

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - tyme4t - 25-08-2010 12:09 AM

How's it goin' eh? Maybe we can meet up at Timmies sometime for a coffee...(I'm a medium double cream!) and talk about spooks!!!
Welcome to SF from a bluenoser Wink

RE: Greetings from Canada, eh. - expat - 25-08-2010 01:31 AM

Welcome! I haven't figured out the flag thing yet...