Spooks Forum
Status 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Status 2.0 (/thread-1116.html)

RE: Status 2.0 - BravoNine - 03-02-2011 06:03 PM

Working on a 1000 words paper that is due in 2 and a half hours! Big Grin

Then going to Chinatown and them getting topics and ideas for research that is due tomorrow!

RE: Status 2.0 - A Cousin - 06-02-2011 03:23 PM

Mr. AC and I are sitting not 6 feet away from each other interacting with each other via Facebook. Dodgy

Sign of the times....

RE: Status 2.0 - almh - 06-02-2011 05:40 PM

Too much work to do. My teachers decided that I haven't been feeling stressed enough recently, so they decided to give me a load of homework, and for it all to be in tomorrow Confused.

RE: Status 2.0 - Saerwen - 06-02-2011 07:43 PM

Things are a bit pear shaped in my realm at the mo.
My 19year old kitty was diagnosed with renal failure in Feb 10, and has been holding her own until now she is now beginning to loose weight despite eating her food, it is a real concern as her sister died of the same disease in Jan 10 and at the end her weight fell off.
But I will remain positive as I didn't think Darcey would be with me at Christmas and she has, so fingers and toes crossed for the coming weeks.

RE: Status 2.0 - A Cousin - 07-02-2011 02:28 PM

Awww...I'm sorry Saerwen. It is always hard when our animal-children pass. And so soon after her sister too. This will sound empty right now, but 19 years is a cat that has had a lot of love!

Take care!

RE: Status 2.0 - HellsBells - 07-02-2011 02:47 PM

Thinking of you Saerwen, and keeping my fingers crossed for you and your cat.

RE: Status 2.0 - Belle - 07-02-2011 02:50 PM

(06-02-2011 07:43 PM)Saerwen Wrote:  Things are a bit pear shaped in my realm at the mo.
My 19year old kitty was diagnosed with renal failure in Feb 10, and has been holding her own until now she is now beginning to loose weight despite eating her food, it is a real concern as her sister died of the same disease in Jan 10 and at the end her weight fell off.
But I will remain positive as I didn't think Darcey would be with me at Christmas and she has, so fingers and toes crossed for the coming weeks.

I really feel for you, long time cat-owner myself, so I know what they can mean for you in terms of friendship and love! I will also keep my fingers crossed for you and your kitty!

RE: Status 2.0 - Saerwen - 07-02-2011 03:15 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes they are every much appreciated.

CRF is an awful disease 20 years ago I lost my beautiful boy Jack to it he was only 11 years old he had no symptoms then everything hit him at once, so over the years I have always been aware what to look out for, Darcey gets a tablet a day and special powder mixed in her food. She is quite a funny cat and is a compulsive talker, she went completely deaf just before Christmas though my son is convinced she has selective hearing lol, she has now taken to sleeping on me at night not beside me, so when I wake up in the morning I don't sit up straight away as I don't want her taking off through the air, I gently put a hand up to check if she curled up, I really don't know how she finds it comfortable but she does.
I have always said I am built for comfort not speed, so this confirms it.

RE: Status 2.0 - HellsBells - 08-02-2011 02:45 PM

Your cat actually sleeps on you! That's incredible! She sounds like one very loved cat, Saerwen.

RE: Status 2.0 - Saerwen - 08-02-2011 05:05 PM

Hi Hellsbells
Yes Darcey is loved beyond measure. She has been sleeping on me since just last Christmas, she always slept on my bed at night, and one evening I thought she was just taking a shortcut over me to the other side of the bed when she stopped and curled up, even if I'm on my side it doesn't put her off I don't know how she balances, it could also be a security thing as she has gone completely deaf. She used to pinch my pillow at night, I would wake up almost lying flat on the mattress where I have slide down to accommodate her lol, I suppose I'm her personal heating pad.