Spooks Forum
Status 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Status 2.0 (/thread-1116.html)

RE: Status 2.0 - BravoNine - 16-03-2011 09:38 AM

Currently I am trying to raise $5000 for the Hope to Haiti Project hosted by the Random Acts charity organization led by actor Misha Collins from the show "Supernatural"

Misha and the Random Acts group will be heading back to Haiti this summer in June to help build more community centers, dental clinics, and such for the people of Jacmal, Haiti, and for the first 40 people who raise the $5000 target fundraising goal, they will become the 40 volunteers to go to Haiti to help rebuild the community. And it is something that I would LOVE to do!

So if anyone can donate or help spread the news of this project, it would be much appreciated!!

Even if I do not reach the $5000 goal, this money still all goes to a good cause that will help fund on-going support to help rebuild Haiti.

So please help however you can!!

Here's the link to the donation page:
http://www.crowdrise.com/BelindaB

And here is a video of the Hope to Haiti Project:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GL_1plEmvE

All help is appreciated!!!

~Belinda Smile

RE: Status 2.0 - A Cousin - 16-03-2011 12:32 PM

(16-03-2011 08:39 AM)picard1109 Wrote:  Y'now, I don't think I've seen 6.3...I might just watch that right now, even those I'm supposed to be 'working at home' due to a sinus infection. I'm sure sinus infections respond to a good dose of Spooks, though...Silba

It does indeed. I speak from experience. Wink I am home today too to take the darling daughter to one of her doctors. Not even trying to work from home. Petrol has skyrocketed in price here and we have a 26 mile commute that we usually do together. Leaving one car at home saves petrol. Yeah, saves petrol. That's my story! I'm doing my bit to save petrol.... Angel

6.3 is the episode we are currently up to in the re-watch. It is the first time I have rewatched S6. I'd love to hear what you have to say if you do watch it.

RE: Status 2.0 - tyme4t - 16-03-2011 04:56 PM

Silba...patiently waiting for my new [spooks] dvds to arrive.

RE: Status 2.0 - Nixie - 16-03-2011 08:40 PM

(16-03-2011 04:56 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  Silba...patiently waiting for my new [spooks] dvds to arrive.

Oh me too! me too! Though not very patiently ...

RE: Status 2.0 - A Cousin - 17-03-2011 04:01 PM

St. Patrick's Day here in the US. (AKA Amateur Night! Wink) My Assistant Manager was late this morning because she started last night.

Dinner tonight: good old Irish-American corned beef, mash and soda bread with a black and tan. Or two. At home. Listening to Mumford & Sons.

Drink responsibly, my colonial friends. And if you drink and drive, for gods sake, make sure you have a car!

RE: Status 2.0 - picard1109 - 17-03-2011 06:10 PM

I think it's St Patrick's day everywhere, A Cousin! Smile My two Australian co-workers got dressed up for it today. The British, of course, sniffed and said 'we don't celebrate St Patrick's Day, we're not Irish". The Aussies carried on regardless. One, 'a plus size' woman (even more plus than me!!), put on a leprechaun's hat and ginger beard. Worryingly, it really suited her!

I'm having a beer. Not because it's St Patrick's Day, I hasten to add. I have to go back 4 generations to find Irish ancestors. Sniff.Cool

RE: Status 2.0 - Silktie - 18-03-2011 07:13 AM

(17-03-2011 04:01 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  St. Patrick's Day here in the US. (AKA Amateur Night! Wink) My Assistant Manager was late this morning because she started last night.

Dinner tonight: good old Irish-American corned beef, mash and soda bread with a black and tan. Or two. At home. Listening to Mumford & Sons.

Drink responsibly, my colonial friends. And if you drink and drive, for gods sake, make sure you have a car!

We don't do St patrick's Day either.

Ooh, I love soda bread and Mumford & Sons!

Having a long weekend - we celebrate Human Rights Day on Monday.

RE: Status 2.0 - Kazters - 18-03-2011 10:00 AM

mumford and sons played a free gig here last weekend (inverness is the capital of the highlands but about 4 hrs from the main citys glasgow, edinburigh) they had played a gig earlyer in the week and also last weekend a secret gig but im not a huge fan.

its comic relief tonight which means a good night of tv but also a serious realisation that children all over the world live in proper poverty and hardship

RE: Status 2.0 - A Cousin - 18-03-2011 01:19 PM

(17-03-2011 06:10 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  I'm having a beer. Not because it's St Patrick's Day, I hasten to add. I have to go back 4 generations to find Irish ancestors. Sniff.Cool

Which frankly, is more than I have in me! lol! I am Irish by association.... But I never miss an excuse to have a Black & Tan. Big Grin
(18-03-2011 07:13 AM)Silktie Wrote:  Having a long weekend - we celebrate Human Rights Day on Monday.

I like that much better than a flimsy excuse to drink too much! I left work at 1:30 yesterday and the cops were already on the highways looking for drunk drivers. As I said: Amateur Night.

What kind of celebrations come with Human Rights Day? Our Martin Luther King day kind of turns into that. BTW, Silktie I watched one of my beloved "travel shows" (as my children call them) Globe Trekker the other night and they were in South Africa! Beautiful country! They went to Cape Town, Robben Island, Stellenbosch, Kimberley, Durban, Thohoyandou, Kruger National Park, Johannesburg, and Soweto.

Speaking of Human Rights Day, they did a feature on The Apartheid Museum which reminded me a lot in layout of the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, Tennessee. You end in the hotel room balcony where MLK was shot. The room is completely preserved the way it was at that moment. Next to the Anne Frank Museum, it is the most emotionally engaging museum I have ever been in.
(18-03-2011 10:00 AM)Kazters Wrote:  its comic relief tonight which means a good night of tv but also a serious realisation that children all over the world live in proper poverty and hardship

Its hard to know where to help first isn't it? I just donated to the Red Cross for relief in Japan. It is all one can do....

RE: Status 2.0 - HellsBells - 18-03-2011 02:18 PM

My children all went to school today wearing 'something red' and donated £1.00 each towards Comic Relief.