Spooks Forum
Status 2.0 - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Status 2.0 (/thread-1116.html)

RE: Status 2.0 - Kazters - 18-03-2011 06:53 PM

it really is because i was always brought up to believe charity begins at home! and in scotland more than 3 in 10 children live in poverty here. this is shocking to me. but then again you have all these natural disasters and the help and support these people need and africa and we all have less money at the moment and things arent great but we do our best, i know every penny counts but its who to give to.

RE: Status 2.0 - Silktie - 20-03-2011 09:31 AM

(18-03-2011 01:19 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  What kind of celebrations come with Human Rights Day? Our Martin Luther King day kind of turns into that. BTW, Silktie I watched one of my beloved "travel shows" (as my children call them) Globe Trekker the other night and they were in South Africa! Beautiful country! They went to Cape Town, Robben Island, Stellenbosch, Kimberley, Durban, Thohoyandou, Kruger National Park, Johannesburg, and Soweto.

Human Rights Day remembers the 1960 Sharpeville massacre, where 69 people were killed by police for protesting against the apartheid pass laws. Celebrations mostly take the shape of political gatherings to celebrate our transformation to a democratic society and to remember the heroes of the anti-apartheid movements. Most South Africans stay home and enjoy a braai with family and friends. In some of the bigger cities there will be concerts linked to the political gatherings.

Oh cool, glad to hear about the Globe Trekker programme. I agree, ours is a beautiful and interesting country. Smile

RE: Status 2.0 - BravoNine - 20-03-2011 03:01 PM

Currently catching up on Smallville! Big Grin

Yay for the superheroes of Justice Society of America!! Talk about old school! Wink

RE: Status 2.0 - almh - 22-03-2011 09:19 PM

Debating whether to watch series 9 which I got on DVD today (Big Grin) or go to sleep...

RE: Status 2.0 - expat - 23-03-2011 01:29 AM

Almh, I got series 9 DVD today too! But I'm leaning towards sleep...

RE: Status 2.0 - HellsBells - 24-03-2011 02:47 PM

You can sleep tomorrow, watch the DVD!!!!

Hand still tingling after stinging it on a stinging nettle about 6 hours ago.

RE: Status 2.0 - tyme4t - 24-03-2011 04:57 PM

Well the postman did deliver! Yahoo I am now the proud owner of series 1 to series 8!!!!!!!!
And just read somewhere (don't remember where) that 9 should be released in NA in July!!!! Credit card will be clear by then Big Grin

RE: Status 2.0 - expat - 25-03-2011 12:05 AM

HellsBells, My mother warned me about you :-)

Hope your hand is better soon. Ouch!

RE: Status 2.0 - HellsBells - 25-03-2011 02:48 PM

Thanks, hand is all better now, must remember to wear better gardening gloves in future.

(24-03-2011 04:57 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  Well the postman did deliver! Yahoo I am now the proud owner of series 1 to series 8!!!!!!!!

No sleep for you either tyme4t? Wink

RE: Status 2.0 - binkie - 25-03-2011 10:11 PM

Too much information ahead. Look away now if you are planning on eating ever again...

Finally recovered from five days of the most horrible cold. Feel as though I may actually have been several parts snot for a while there Sad Miserable miserable miserable.

But, in other news, very excited by Firefox 4.0 Smile So that's nice.