Spooks Forum
The pods are gone! - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 7 (/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: The pods are gone! (/thread-113.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: The pods are gone! - Beatriz - 28-12-2009 06:42 PM

LOL It's strange I can remember 3 too. Series 7 we have sliding doors and I can remember in some episodes from series 8 we have pods... what are they playing at? Tongue

RE: The pods are gone! - rbs89 - 15-06-2010 07:26 AM

I've just rewatched the beginning of series 7, noticed the pods were gone, went on the forum and found a thread devoted to it... and it wasn't so much a swishy noise, than the sound of something being unsealed. Is it still the grid without the pods?

RE: The pods are gone! - Beatriz - 15-06-2010 12:26 PM

There are some scenes in series 8 in which we can see them again for example in 8.8
Spoiler: show
when Harry is talking to Ruth and then gets out of the grid
It's weird, at the very least...

I really love them, they are cool Tongue I admit they aren't very handy if you are in a hurry, though.

RE: The pods are gone! - redCHOCHO - 15-06-2010 02:08 PM

(18-08-2009 03:36 PM)bertowud Wrote:  I'll have to pay more attention as I rewatch.
I didn't notice either! I'll check it out. I'm rewatching season 6 right now.

RE: The pods are gone! - spooksdreamer - 16-06-2010 08:23 AM

Oh my god... really.. hang on.. I'm going to look.... Thcussing

RE: The pods are gone! - Nia M - 16-06-2010 10:40 PM

Was watching 2.5 today, and got all nostalgic about the pods Sad

I hope they come back next series!

RE: The pods are gone! - picard1109 - 16-06-2010 11:11 PM

I laughed the first time I saw the pods - I used to be a Parliamentary Researcher and the Parliament Street building (which has MPs' offices) had similar pods at the entrance. Or at least it did when I worked there back in '94. They were a blasted nuisance actually, particularly if you were carrying stuff.

They had them at the old Home Office headquarters, too but those were bigger and it wasn't such a hassle.

RE: The pods are gone! - HellsBells - 17-06-2010 01:34 PM

Oh wow, Picard, you have actually been in a pod ! Everyone in Spooks always looks so calm while they wait for them to open, I guess that's not true in real life.

RE: The pods are gone! - Nitrus - 17-06-2010 01:53 PM

Come to think of it I think I've been through something similar at Portcullis House. What picard said just sparked the memory, wow that was years ago!!

RE: The pods are gone! - picard1109 - 17-06-2010 07:47 PM

I was in Portcullis a couple of months back and there were no pods in the public entrance but if there's a staff entrance, there may be some there.

Being in a pod is only exciting until you actually do it. Once you have...meh.Cool And if you're claustrophobic they might freak you out a bit, because the door shuts fully behind you and there's a couple of seconds delay before the ones in front start to open. Fortunately, I'm not remotely claustrophobic but I've seen people start to panic.