Spooks Forum
Series 9 DVD Release - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 DVD Release (/thread-1143.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Naivety - 07-03-2011 08:10 PM

I wonder if, when they produce the entire Spooks series in a giant box set after series 10, whether they will put in deleted scenes and bloopers. I really hope so.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Tea Lady - 07-03-2011 08:49 PM

(06-03-2011 11:43 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  Wow! What a great line! I am sorry they cut it. I love the idea. Life starts messy people!

Is there any indication as to who is (are?) "they"? The producers? TPTB at the BBC? My guess? It was cut either because it wasn't decided that it just wasn't right in that moment or because they thought it was a bit too graphic an image. Keeping it would have made the image of Ruth in 9.7 mean oh so much more!
Series 9 commentaries Spoiler: show
I hope for the later, but I would not at all surprised if TPTB think that viewers can tolerate brains and gore being splattered all over someones face but not the image of childbirth as a metaphor.

Series 9 commentaries Spoiler: show
I think you are right A Cousin. I think anything connected to children is just not allowed. In the 9.7 commentary, the writers were not happy that the BBC cut the scene where Lucas stabs Vaughn. In the finished version they gave to the BBC, there were images of children playing cut into the scene where Vaughn has the knife in his leg and Lucas is holding his hand over his mouth. Andrew Woodhead said that this was a complete no no. The BBC would not allow violence linked in with images of children. NW joked that children should be in bed at that time of night. They had to change the scene.

I do wonder though, whether this is for all BBC programmes or just for Spooks which does have a a large amount of younger viewers, even though it is shown after 9pm.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - cateau1 - 08-03-2011 04:26 AM

Yahoo Series 9 DVD just arrived a fortnight early on my doorstep Down Under!!! I know what I'll be doing tonight. YahooYahoo

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Fidget - 08-03-2011 04:47 AM

Lucky you I am still waiting for mine here in Australia, usually it only takes 5 to 6 days from Amazon UK, it is now 9 Sad

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Nixie - 08-03-2011 05:42 AM

(08-03-2011 04:26 AM)cateau1 Wrote:  Yahoo Series 9 DVD just arrived a fortnight early on my doorstep Down Under!!! I know what I'll be doing tonight. YahooYahoo

Waah! I'm sooooo jealous! Still no sign of mine - not even a hint Sad

Are you in a main city? That would probably make a difference ... damn living in a regional one!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Fidget - 08-03-2011 08:05 AM

I am about 1 hours drive from Sydney

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - BoHenley - 08-03-2011 09:40 AM

Still waiting for mine too. I'm about 45kms out of Adelaide, that's regional! Hoping it arrives soon! There's a long weekend here in South Australia (for a horse race - how embarrassing - but hey, I'll have a day off) so I'm really hoping for a SpooksFest this weekend. Big Grin

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Nixie - 08-03-2011 09:51 AM

45 mins out of Adelaide regional! Try half way between Sydney (480 kms, c. 6.5 hrs) and Brisbane (460 kms, c. 6 hrs) and 2 hours inland from the coast in the mountains - that's regional! Though thankfully not outback Smile

(NB: times are excluding road works, bad weather, heavy traffic, ... cyclones, floods, earthquakes or bushfires ...)

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - BoHenley - 08-03-2011 09:55 AM

Haha! How true, Nixie. You win! But in SA, 45kms IS regional.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - cateau1 - 08-03-2011 12:38 PM

Yep, I'm one traffic light north of Sydney.If I've got mine yours must be coming early too though!