Spooks Forum
Series 9 DVD Release - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 DVD Release (/thread-1143.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Nixie - 15-03-2011 11:52 AM

Lucky you! I'm still waiting to receive S9 that was posted on 27th Feb from Amazon. Is it amazon.uk, British Mail or Australia Post I should be grrrr-ing at Huh

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Byatil - 15-03-2011 12:17 PM

(15-03-2011 11:52 AM)Nixie Wrote:  Lucky you! I'm still waiting to receive S9 that was posted on 27th Feb from Amazon. Is it amazon.uk, British Mail or Australia Post I should be grrrr-ing at Huh

Royal Mail don't have a great track-record for being timely with their post... Dodgy Hopefully it'll come through for you soon!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Hunted - 15-03-2011 12:23 PM

(15-03-2011 11:52 AM)Nixie Wrote:  Lucky you! I'm still waiting to receive S9 that was posted on 27th Feb from Amazon. Is it amazon.uk, British Mail or Australia Post I should be grrrr-ing at Huh

amazon.co.uk through An Post (standard Irish postal service)

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - cateau1 - 15-03-2011 08:08 PM

Oh my, I just finished watching S9. Have to say I loved it but it's all over so quickly when you are not watching one episode per week! Now going to dive head first into all the threads AND read all the ff. Vueltasss

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Hunted - 17-03-2011 10:06 AM

I got the replacement DVD set from Amazon and guess what - same problem again with Disc 2 and Disc 3. The disc spins (chugs along) and eventually pops out without attempting to play it. Disc 1 plays fine so I can watch ep 1,2,3 and the audio commentary!
Incidentally (or not?) I use an iMac (2009 model). Other half has a MacBook Pro (2010) and it plays fine on his. It could be my iMac, but hopefully none of you have this problem if it's something non-standard that was used by the manufacturers burning the DVD for this series. Would be interested to hear! Sorry for digressing.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - HellsBells - 17-03-2011 02:10 PM

Hunted, never had this problem with DVDs, I only tend to play them in the DVD player, but I have definitely had this problem with audio CDs which will refuse to play in some machines but work perfectly well else where. I don't send them back because I just assume that it is to do with the production methods and all discs would be the same. Sorry, that's probably not much help.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Naivety - 17-03-2011 05:22 PM

I actually had a problem with disc 3 at first. My DVD player kept saying 'no disc', so I used my netbook to watch the extras - because that was what I wanted to watch first. I have since tried it again in the same DVD player and watched episodes 7 and 8 successfully. I had no problems with the other discs.

Maybe the quality of the DVD recording is not so good as usual.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Hunted - 18-03-2011 08:42 PM

Good to know. The name of the manufacturers on the box set is 'Playback' and this is a change from all previous series of Spooks box sets. I think you're probably right HellsBells; that this can happen when playing on different machines or laptops. Maybe the lovely Tariq could work his magic Smile

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - BoHenley - 19-03-2011 02:12 AM

...especially if he comes in person... Big Grin

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Nixie - 20-03-2011 12:58 AM

Silba Another week gone by and still no sign of my S9 DVD ... It's gotta come this week. I have though converted my new DVD player to all region, so its all ready to play when it does arrive Smile