Spooks Forum
Series 9 DVD Release - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 DVD Release (/thread-1143.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Rumpole - 25-01-2011 10:43 AM

Any word for the poor Australian cousins on when we can expect this excellent show to arrive on our shores? I sometimes think DVD release here is done via tall ships.

Perhaps we will have to wait until we again have the ashes before the show makes it's way this far south? (Winning of the Ashes could be a long long way off - Waiting on a lot of father son selections from the many Warne hook-ups to pay off)

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - cateau1 - 25-01-2011 12:19 PM

I'm thinking why wait for Warnie jnr(s), let's buy it on Amazon UK!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Tea Lady - 04-02-2011 09:08 PM

Universal Playback tweeted that PF was in their offices today doing some press. I assume this has something to do with the S9 DVD release in a few weeks. Might be worth keeping an eye on their website.

Anyway, I did notice on their website that they have a few photos from S9 which I had not come across before or at least taken at a slightly different angle or focus.

http://www.universal-playback.com/spooks/photos/spooks-10

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Forever Secret - 04-02-2011 09:14 PM

Those pictures are great! Big Grin

Series S9DVD Spoiler: show
Love the pic on there of Harry and Ruth, and of Tariq too! I havent seen any of those pictures before
Seems like the Extras are a huge step up from the S8 Extras!
Cannot wait to buy... I'm actually saving as much money as I can to make sure I have enough for the S9 DVD Wink

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - HellsBells - 18-02-2011 02:33 PM

Just read that there isn't an audio commentary for episode 9.8, which is a shame, I would have loved to hear the thinking behind that episode, and any hints as to the possible alternative ending.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Byatil - 18-02-2011 09:29 PM

(18-02-2011 02:33 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Just read that there isn't an audio commentary for episode 9.8, which is a shame, I would have loved to hear the thinking behind that episode, and any hints as to the possible alternative ending.

Do you know which episodes will be commentated? Shame about 9.8, but I'm rather hoping the "Downfall of Lucas North" feature might hold some insight!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Forever Secret - 18-02-2011 09:57 PM

No commentary on 9.8? Sad
Hmm, does anyone know how many Episodes will have the commentary on them? I am thinking that 9.1 would, not sure about any others Wink
Also I read on Helen James production website.. Tongue "We analyse Harry and Ruth's relationship" that will be interesting,

And I'm looking forward to seeing "The Downfall of Lucas North" as well,
Not sure if anyone else posted it Wink

http://www.helenjamesproductions.co.uk/spooks

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - A Cousin - 18-02-2011 11:09 PM

Thanks Forever Secret. That's really interesting info. I have always wondered who did the featurettes. I assumed it was Kudos themselves. I'll buy it just for the analysis of HR but I am actually more interested in Lucas for this one. Commentary on 9.8 would have been very helpful but they seem to have moved away from that over the past few series. I wonder if they all had it written out of their contracts? Or if Kudos thought they had said it all?

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Silktie - 19-02-2011 06:49 AM

Apparently only two of the episodes have commentary. Not sure which ones, though. Seeing as Nicola Walker is listed as one of those providing commentary, perhaps a more Ruth heavy episode like 9.7 is a possibility? I'm also disappointed that it's not 9.8, so I'm hoping for 9.1 commentary instead.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - JHyde - 19-02-2011 10:07 AM

I'd be OK with 9.1 and 9.7. 9.6 and 9.1 were the best eps of the season but 7 wasn't far behind and it was a big Ruth episode.