Spooks Forum
Series 9 DVD Release - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 DVD Release (/thread-1143.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - A Cousin - 26-02-2011 01:58 PM

(26-02-2011 12:42 PM)langley Wrote:  I'm dying over here in the U.S.! No idea when season 9 will be available on DVD here. I think it's because it hasn't aired over here yet.

I don't think that airing in the US doesn't seem to have much to do with the release date of Region 1 DVD. A&E didn't start airing it in 2006 and BBCA in 2007. Region 1 also covers Canada. That may have more to do with it. Who knows?

Historically, the DVD have been released roughly 3-4 months after the Region 2 DVD. I remain hopeful that since the release of Region 2 was expedited, Region 1 will be as well. Even if they don't release it until June, it is still much quicker than ever before.

Keep your eyes on this spot and let us know if you hear anything!
(26-02-2011 01:44 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  
(26-02-2011 12:49 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  But lets just say Nicola and Peter give me hope for Series 10 after all Wink

This "hope" is going to put us all in an early grave Big Grin

You may be right TL. I think I gained a stone eating cake during S9. I sure hope they do it. For the simple reason that more of the same is just too distracting from the business at hand.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - langley - 26-02-2011 02:12 PM

Thanks, A Cousin, another reason to look forward to June - aside from the weather. I'm so sick of winter and snow and short days! And maybe they'll release it before June. In the meantime I look forward to more DVD tidbits on this forum!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - yorkshiretyke - 26-02-2011 02:35 PM

It is a great extra and for H&R fans, well it makes your day!...The interview/s def offer hope...but I can't imagine for one moment that we won't be eating lots of cake again!.....

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Byatil - 26-02-2011 03:03 PM

Apparently my DVD has been dispatched! Big Grin Absolutely cannot wait for these extras now that you've all teased us with tid-bits of them; the NW and PF interview sounds great. Eeeeee I feel like an excitable child at Christmas!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Forever Secret - 26-02-2011 03:50 PM

I gave a little scream when was told the DVD had arrived... I think I'm going to watch the PF and NW interview again... and again, and mybe again Tongue
I just watched both Episode 7 and 1 commentaries, I loved NW's commentary! She's so funny
Series S9DVD Spoiler: show
I loved it when see said that she mumbles to herself when she has no lines and that they kept it in even after the ADR!

Its also interesting to hear what both Andrew Woodhead and Anthony Neilson said about the Harry/Ruth relationship too Wink Again they give me some hope for Series 10... hmmm

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Silktie - 26-02-2011 05:14 PM

This all sounds very exciting. Unfortunately, living at the ends of the earth, my DVDs will only arrive mid-March. Undecided

Glad to hear the feature on Lucas North actually contains RA's views as well.

Is NW on both the episode 1 and episode 7 commentaries?

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Forever Secret - 26-02-2011 05:28 PM

Sad

Nope, NW is only in Ep7 commentary, I think its the writters and Andrew Woodhead doing the commentary for Ep1 Smile

I'm watching "The Cost Of Being A Spy" again, the NW and PF interview still makes me laugh! Brilliant! Tongue
I like that NW spoke about what happened with George and Nico in S8 as well... both in the commentary and the featurette

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Tea Lady - 26-02-2011 05:35 PM

(26-02-2011 01:50 PM)SPOOK91 Wrote:  Have you seen the item which could give us "hope" yet tealady or are you still waiting on the DVD?

Nope, I haven't seen it yet. Unless my DVD's can be squeezed through my letter box, I may not get to see the extra's until next weekend *starts crying* !!!
Thought i would post this link here as the article contains a few new photos for series 9, linked into the DVD release. I like the Harry and Ruth one but wonder where Harry is looking Wink Anyway if you click on the link there is also a clip of Harry talking about the Game. The game is being discused on another thread so I won't discuss further on this thread.

http://www.entertainment-focus.com/news/spooks-the-interactive-mission-series-9

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - langley - 26-02-2011 06:40 PM

In what way do the interviews give us hope about Harry and Ruth? What do they say? Please tell me!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Forever Secret - 26-02-2011 06:59 PM

Ooooh they say lots langley Tongue
It's not just PF and NW who give us hope, I'd say the writters give us a little hope as well in the audio commentary

Clicky for SPOILERS! Wink
One of things Nicola said was "Even though Harry had her husband murdered and had a boy sent home without his father, she still loves him" *cues sad music*
Also they joke around a lot about S10 and about their chemistry off screen as well as onscreen Tongue... and talk a bit about Albany, and what if Albany had been real... ahh *sigh* I think listening to the audio commentary on both episodes it seems like the writters WANT Harry and Ruth to get together Tongue They talk about why Harry asked Ruth to marry him, because they needed the relationship to take another direction, something new and they also spoke about why Ruth said no... during the Scene at the end of 9.1 where Harry and Ruth are on the roof they do say that they could actually imagine H/R in that little house and getting together,
I think if they keep the same writters, anything could happen, but thats not always a good thing

It's a little difficult to explain... you'd have to actually watch the featurette Sad
I don't want to give anything away... Wink