Spooks Forum
Series 9 DVD Release - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 DVD Release (/thread-1143.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - langley - 26-02-2011 08:11 PM

Thank you, Forever Secret! I can't WAIT for the DVD's to be released in the US! I wish I could see them now!!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Forever Secret - 26-02-2011 08:16 PM

You're welcome! Big Grin
If you're a fan of Harry/Ruth or a Lucas fan you'll love the extra's Wink Hopefully the DVD will be released soon in the States! Big Grin

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - BoHenley - 27-02-2011 05:03 AM

Can't wait for it all! Amazon.uk's dispatched mine - should be in Oz in mid-March. That's pretty quick, but I'm busting to watch it!

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - cateau1 - 27-02-2011 10:18 PM

*Groans, smiles, cries* Just got notification from Amazon that mine will be here March 21. Goody, it's on the way, but sooooo long to wait.Vueltasss

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - HellsBells - 28-02-2011 02:26 PM

Amazon said they dispatched mine yesterday but it isn't here today (can't imagine why I paid first class postage), guess I'll have to wait very patiently.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Nixie - 28-02-2011 10:38 PM

I'm in the Mar 21-ish group as well Sad Why is it that the closer it gets the harder it gets to wait?

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - HellsBells - 01-03-2011 02:42 PM

Yes it arrived today. Time from postman hands to DVD player about 5 mins! Okay I have only watched the Downfall of Lucas North. Interesting insights into what RA thought about Lucas/John storyline, although I personally still feel as though they were trying to 'shoe-horn' aspects of series 7 and 8 into the John Bateman idea. And when they start talking about a chimera of personalities......
And there is some explanation of Lucas and Maya's relationship but how they were talking about it was definitely not portrayed in the series.
Series Downfall of Lucas North Spoiler: show
But RA did appear to confirm that Lucas is dead.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - A Cousin - 01-03-2011 03:38 PM

(01-03-2011 02:42 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Okay I have only watched the Downfall of Lucas North. Interesting insights into what RA thought about Lucas/John storyline, although I personally still feel as though they were trying to 'shoe-horn' aspects of series 7 and 8 into the John Bateman idea. And when they start talking about a chimera of personalities......

Leave it to Spooks to turn to Greek mythology to explain it! Homer's The Iliad no less....

I am almost looking more forward to the Lucas extra than the HR extra. While I was willing to accept Lucas as socio- psycho- path of epic proportions (pun intended) with contingent deep mental disturbances from his past experiences all the way up through 9.7, 9.8 disappointed me. Completely separately from whether or not I accept the storyline at all, I don't think they were altogether successful in pulling it all together at the end.

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Tea Lady - 01-03-2011 09:05 PM

Series cost of being a spy Spoiler: show
Sorry if this has already been discussed but I got the impression from what NW was saying that Ruth knew at the end of the episode, that Albany was fake and that Harry was still the man she ultimately thought him to be. This wasn't really covered at the end of 9.8. I certainly went away and thought Ruth doesn't know Albany was fake. Was that why she was crying then as well?

Anyway, I thought NW and PF were lovely together. Clearly both of them have a hard time following the scripts Wink I did get the impression that Ruth and Harry are far from finished though. Those actors have invested too much time in them, and the writers love them too, to let that relationship end. I wouldn't say I have high hopes for H/R in S10 but there is a little hope. Smile

RE: Series 9 DVD Release - Byatil - 01-03-2011 09:38 PM

Everything everyone has said suggests to me that Kudos had filmed some extra scenes which they then had to cut. If the actors know more than the audience (and apparently understand parts of the plot which we can't seem to make sense of) I can only assume there were some pieces of script which were omitted from the final cut?