Spooks Forum
Other hobbies? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Other hobbies? (/thread-116.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Other hobbies? - almh - 24-12-2009 02:58 PM

Unspooks related hobbies exist??? What, are you saying that there's a life beyond Spooks??? Thud Tongue

RE: Other hobbies? - kirmostar - 24-12-2009 06:16 PM

My hobbies are my horse Yoyo, had her for 5 years now. She's a Highland mare and my best friend apart from my husband. Also enjoy running and mountain biking altho both have been curtailed of late due to a few falls. I love video games, have PS3, XBOX 360, Wii and DS and other consoles from the 20th century. Love gadgets and my computer. I have 2 Roborovski hamsters - I love animals.

RE: Other hobbies? - YourFutureMuse - 24-12-2009 07:21 PM

Oh yes I forgot about football Big Grin I know someone has mentioned newcastle united on this thread :/ lol. I am ashamed to say I am a Derby County supporter lol Big Grin My other teams are Arsenal and Leeds Big GrinBig Grin

RE: Other hobbies? - Beatriz - 25-12-2009 10:21 AM

(24-12-2009 12:17 AM)TygerBright Wrote:  hobbies..hm.

badminton, sailing, volleyball (playing)
Hey!! I love volleyball!! I used to play a lot some years ago, I really miss it, it is great to switch off.

(24-12-2009 01:28 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Singing, reading, making the perfect mix CD, editing magazines and newspapers in the margins, surfing and teaching myself Arabic.
Are you teaching yourself Arabic? That's amazing!!

I love learning languages, reading, travelling, photography, Tai-chi....

RE: Other hobbies? - TygerBright - 25-12-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:Hey!! I love volleyball!! I used to play a lot some years ago, I really miss it, it is great to switch off.

LOL - I used to play competitively for years too.. when I was young Wink
I found it the perfect way to let off steam.. whacking balls is so much more pc than whacking people Smile

RE: Other hobbies? - Beatriz - 25-12-2009 07:38 PM

So two volleyball girls here!! Anyone else? we need 4 more to make a Spooks team!! Tongue

RE: Other hobbies? - almh - 25-12-2009 08:11 PM

Oh dear - I can imagine a Spooksforum volley ball team taking place now!

RE: Other hobbies? - bertowud - 26-12-2009 03:27 PM

(25-12-2009 08:11 PM)almh Wrote:  Oh dear - I can imagine a Spooksforum volley ball team taking place now!

That would be quite interesting.

Also, how does one teach oneself Arabic?
As for hobbies, I collect and read books, comic books, and graphic novels; watch movies; and think about going to the gym. But I really don't have much time for any of those things because I have a daughter who is almost 6 and a son who is almost 3. Also, I work a lot and I work from home if I'm not onsite with a client, so the work day frequently doesn't end at 5.

RE: Other hobbies? - JHyde - 26-12-2009 03:37 PM

I started with a language CD and then progressed to a textbook and some other aides. i recently had my first conversation in full with an Iranian migrant who I am helping with her English and she is helping me with my Arabic, so it's a good exchange. I want to sink my teeth into this language and immerse myself in it in a way I haven't done with my previous language studies.

What's interesting is that Ruth taught herself Persian, so my strange similarities with Ruth are becoming ever more frequent.

RE: Other hobbies? - bertowud - 26-12-2009 03:39 PM

I keep thinking about getting one of the Rosetta Stone programs, but they're immensely expensive.