Spooks Forum
Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion (/thread-1165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - TygerBright - 22-09-2010 06:30 PM

(22-09-2010 06:26 PM)redCHOCHO Wrote:  I watched it over and over again to see if it was Ros made up to look like an old lady and attending her own funeral???? I couldn't tell. This show makes me read into everything or maybe I am just crazy??!! Wouldn't that be spookish if she was actually alive and will be back for season 10?????

paranoid much?!? ROFL
not that I would ever put anything past the writers but I think sadly she's gone ...

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - redCHOCHO - 22-09-2010 06:31 PM

(22-09-2010 06:14 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  
(22-09-2010 06:10 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  Would like to throw out here that i think the still need more characters! Seriously. MI5 consists of 3 field agents, one computer wizard, one analyst and the head? Still bugs me. Undecided

Well technically there is the CO-19 task force that follows them around into dangerous gun fights and stuff like that. And we have seen before other agents from different teams backing up Section D when surveillance or operation entails more people.

I think it's just they always focus on a few, or else it'd be one hell of an opening to do and no "main" characters to focus storylines on.

I understand your sentiments though, it bugs me sometimes too, like how Series 8 was basically Ros and Lucas running around saving the world (as amusing as it was), but I guess we all just have to suspend our disbelief a bit more.

-------------

I seriously hope the ultimate betrayal thing isn't Lucas, I mean, how many times are they gonna put Lucas through the whole "traitor" thing! Can't they just give him one series where he can have a relatively normal existence!

I'm hoping it's more like Lucas risks his life to take down the mole, MAYBE die in the process and finally getting Harry's trust, the two have a teary-eyed last moment as Lucas dies in Harry's arms, and then Harry goes on rampage! Considering he was all out revenge when Adam and Ros died, I hate to think what would happen to the real traitors if Lucas, Harry's prodigy, were die at their hands.

Of course I much rather like a scenario where Lucas is ALIVE, maybe just injured, and then gets Harry's trust finally, and have Harry go on a revenge trail after the person who hurt Lucas! Wink

I still think it is going to turn out that Lucas is Harry's son. In an interview which was posted here in the forum by someone RA said in Season 9 he is still seeking Harry's approval and then said it is much like a son wanting his father's approval. If I remember correctly there is only one or two episodes in previous seasons where Harry talks about a son he has had no contact with...hmmmmm. How is that for a twist?

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - BravoNine - 22-09-2010 06:31 PM

(22-09-2010 06:22 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  as for 'John' (I now cringe everytime I hear that name, on or off Spooks) - I think it might be his real name, pre-5 identity ... that whole Vaughn think totally intrigues me.. I bet
Series 9 Spoiler: show
when he goes to see Maya she'll greet him with 'John!!!' .. and a slap
Big Grin

You cringing? I'm squeak every time I hear it mentioned! Seriously, someone on the writing staff really needs to work on names! How many more Johns can Richard play? I mean, unless they really mean for us to find out that he's John Porter....Silba

And dude, what is it with women slapping hot men!Dodgy Me is not pleased!! Seriously! This is the third time that I've seen one of my favorite HOT characters get slapped by ex-girlfriends!!Vueltasss

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - redCHOCHO - 22-09-2010 06:33 PM

(22-09-2010 06:31 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  
(22-09-2010 06:22 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  as for 'John' (I now cringe everytime I hear that name, on or off Spooks) - I think it might be his real name, pre-5 identity ... that whole Vaughn think totally intrigues me.. I bet when he goes to see Maya she'll greet him with 'John!!!' .. and a slap Big Grin

You cringing? I'm squeak every time I hear it mentioned! Seriously, someone on the writing staff really needs to work on names! How many more Johns can Richard play? I mean, unless they really mean for us to find out that he's John Porter....Silba

And dude, what is it with women slapping hot men!Dodgy Me is not pleased!! Seriously! This is the third time that I've seen one of my favorite HOT characters get slapped by ex-girlfriends!!Vueltasss

I am thinking women wouldn't slap men if the men did not deserve it.Wink

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - BravoNine - 22-09-2010 06:35 PM

(22-09-2010 06:31 PM)redCHOCHO Wrote:  I still think it is going to turn out that Lucas is Harry's son. In an interview which was posted here in the forum by someone RA said in Season 9 he is still seeking Harry's approval and then said it is much like a son wanting his father's approval. If I remember correctly there is only one or two episodes in previous seasons where Harry talks about a son he has had no contact with...hmmmmm. How is that for a twist?

I thought Harry's son already has a name, if I remember it correctly, it was Graham. The only glimpse we saw of him was during Series 7 when Harry was being interrogated and had that drug induced flashback.

(22-09-2010 06:33 PM)redCHOCHO Wrote:  I am thinking women wouldn't slap men if the men did not deserve it.Wink

Nope, there is no excuse when the men are so cute and adorable that they remind me of puppy dogs! Petting is allowed, no slapping!

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - TygerBright - 22-09-2010 06:45 PM

to be fair, if he really did run out on her, without a 'bye' or explanation, for whatever reason (I guess she would have been in danger from whatever he and EVE were doing back then) and returns 15 years later ... I probably would have slapped him too as an initial reaction. BEfore .. *self-censored*
I so can't wait for Monday...

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - redCHOCHO - 22-09-2010 07:02 PM

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - Kirayuki - 22-09-2010 07:07 PM

(22-09-2010 06:35 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  I thought Harry's son already has a name, if I remember it correctly, it was Graham. The only glimpse we saw of him was during Series 7 when Harry was being interrogated and had that drug induced flashback.

I'm pretty sure that's right. We also hear about him in the book too. I'm pretty certain he hates Harry's guts...

Anyway, back on topic... I loved the whole of the crisis conclusion sequence with the EMP and Talwar's parents etc... Fantastic!

Wonder if the budget has increased this series for that CGI?

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - BravoNine - 22-09-2010 07:07 PM

(22-09-2010 06:45 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  
to be fair, if he really did run out on her, without a 'bye' or explanation, for whatever reason (I guess she would have been in danger from whatever he and EVE were doing back then) and returns 15 years later ... I probably would have slapped him too as an initial reaction. BEfore .. *self-censored*
I so can't wait for Monday...

LOL! Every time you say "EVE", I think of the little white robot in Wall-E!Big Grin

Now I can't take Vaughn seriously because I keep on picturing little white robots!Silba

I could never slap Lucas! LOL! He's too puppy-like for me!Wink Well I sure hope Lucas gets LOTS of comforting after the slap, poor thing needs some happy moments after such a dismal 3 years with partners dying, crazy girlfriends, and 8 years in a Russian prison.

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - TygerBright - 22-09-2010 07:16 PM

(22-09-2010 07:07 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  [Anyway, back on topic... I loved the whole of the crisis conclusion sequence with the EMP and Talwar's parents etc... Fantastic!

that's one of the scenes I'm still chewing over - apart from the fact that I have problems believing a 17-year-old schoolgirl could out-smart the British defense system (and Tariq)..
I've been wondering how far Lucas was prepared to go.. he looked and sounded menacing alright but would he have pulled the trigger? It looked like a lot of posturing and he would have had to follow through by shooting but not killing either mum or dad.
And while he seems more hard-ass and calculating this season, as if a little piece of Ros got stuck in him, I just can't see him that cold-blooded with 'innocent' people.
then again, we might all be wrong about Lucas. Erm, John.