Spooks Forum
Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion (/thread-1165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - BoHenley - 27-09-2010 11:06 AM

I admit that I thought Lucas being off-hand with Beth was more realistic for today's workplace. But let's see how it all pads out, it's only the first episode after all. And Lucas being more aggressive works for me - better than the love-sick puppy we had in S8.

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - BravoNine - 27-09-2010 11:12 AM

I didn't find Lucas's behavior to be any different than before. He's not easily trusting of people, and considering Ros just died, he's still reeling from what happened and blaming himself. If he's off-hand and doesn't really trust Beth and is a bit gruff and angry, I think it's understandable.

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - picard1109 - 27-09-2010 11:23 AM

Of course, if this was reality, it would take about a year before Beth's security clearance came through...but this is television and, of course, security clearance is instant!

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - age1021 - 27-09-2010 02:10 PM

I actually like grumpy Lucas. I mean he's been through lots, so nice Lucas wouldn't be very realistic.
Anyway, I am swearing off spoilers since it did kind of ruin the first episode of series 9. I will just wait and see.

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - Tea Lady - 27-09-2010 04:39 PM

(24-09-2010 04:27 PM)rusfan Wrote:  Garry says "Well, I'm sure I'm due
at Mumsnet or something." Explain to me in what a joke, I can not understand.

I had to look this up as well Rusfan. It rang a bell of sorts though and is a parenting website. It became famous because our new PM, David Cameron did some webchat with the mothers.

http://www.mumsnet.com/

As for people commenting about too much H/R, there were only two real moments in 9.1 and only a handful in the whole of series 8, if you take 8.1 out. How many Lucas and Sarah moments did we have last season...well loads! Spooks is a real mix and works well when there are various strands all working at the same time, something for everyone. Most people here know that I don't like the Lucas character much, but I appreciate that others do, so that's fine.

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - Naivety - 27-09-2010 05:24 PM

(27-09-2010 11:06 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  I admit that I thought Lucas being off-hand with Beth was more realistic for today's workplace. But let's see how it all pads out, it's only the first episode after all. And Lucas being more aggressive works for me - better than the love-sick puppy we had in S8.

I think we're going to get a load more love-sick Lucas in this series unfortunately. He's much sexier when he's grumpy!

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - Animal_Mother - 27-09-2010 05:55 PM

Hi Everyone. Loving the first episode exceptional acting by Peter Firth as usual. I really hope they concentrate on minor characters more like dimitri and beth and try to explore their strength's weakness's etc.

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - BoHenley - 27-09-2010 09:47 PM

(27-09-2010 05:24 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I think we're going to get a load more love-sick Lucas in this series unfortunately. He's much sexier when he's grumpy!

Oh I agree. Smouldering, violent and grumpy are MUCH sexier on Lucas. The only difference is that the object of his affections is probably more worthwhile (I hope). Silba

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - Fidget - 27-09-2010 09:51 PM

I hope Lucas doesn't spend all his time 'in bed' this series like last, I only watch for Harry &
Ruth, the others don't interest me in the slightest

RE: Series 9 Episode 1 discussion - BoHenley - 27-09-2010 09:57 PM

(27-09-2010 09:51 PM)Fidget Wrote:  I hope Lucas doesn't spend all his time 'in bed' this series like last, I only watch for Harry &
Ruth, the others don't interest me in the slightest

Lucas has one steamy scene on a kitchen table, I believe - certainly not 'in bed.' Silba But I know what you mean. I hope they investiage WHY their relationship is important, and how that relates to Vaughan.
And yes, I'm sure most of us enjoy the more subtle scenes between Harry and Ruth. They're lovely. Lucas's character has that fiery element, so I think that has to be reflected in his relationships. And let's face it, after 8 years or so in prison, one disastrous relationship from S8, and the thought of linking up with an old ex - he still has to be gagging for it. He's human.