Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - icuboy - 31-10-2009 03:43 PM

Ah sure I'm a man of great taste (p.s. Dean Andrews from LonM and A2A is in Waterloo Road - not sure when but I can ask him and find out)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 31-10-2009 03:48 PM

Oh, I totally forgot Foyle's and Mad Men, which are also both wonderful

Foyle's is great because it doesn't glamourize the period the way so many 1940s period pieces do. It seems to be women in particular who say "oh it would be so wonderful to live in the 1940s". Yeah, brilliant, half pay, the chances of everyone you love dying constantly, extreme privation and no laws against rape or sexual harassment.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - icuboy - 31-10-2009 03:52 PM

Nothing like a bit of wartime!
George Gently is good too and I really liked Apparitions on the beeb as well.
Oh, and Being Human too.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 09-11-2009 11:32 AM

I just wanted to come and rave about the Mad Men season 3 finale. So fantastic! It's a slow burn sort of show, and Don Draper's an antihero, but it's really great viewing. Along with Spooks and Weeds, it's probably my favourite current show.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 09-11-2009 11:47 AM

I hate this thread!! (joking) I have a list of series I must watch and keeps enlarging... Confused

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 10-11-2009 08:10 PM

Do you folks outside the US know a show called "Burn Notice"? Stars Jeffrey Donovan (I think that's his name) and is about an American spy (CIA dark ops) who gets "burned" (and thrown out of the service) by an unknown antagonist. Plot revolves around his trying to find the person who burned him and get his job back. Runs on USA network.

"Heroes" is definitely having a rough season!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 10-11-2009 08:12 PM

(10-11-2009 08:10 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Do you folks outside the US know a show called "Burn Notice"? Stars Jeffrey Donovan (I think that's his name) and is about an American spy (CIA dark ops) who gets "burned" (and thrown out of the service) by an unknown antagonist. Plot revolves around his trying to find the person who burned him and get his job back. Runs on USA network.

Pretty sure it's on a mainstream channel over here in the UK. Didn't watch it though.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 10-11-2009 08:15 PM

(10-11-2009 08:10 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Do you folks outside the US know a show called "Burn Notice"? Stars Jeffrey Donovan (I think that's his name) and is about an American spy (CIA dark ops) who gets "burned" (and thrown out of the service) by an unknown antagonist. Plot revolves around his trying to find the person who burned him and get his job back. Runs on USA network.

I don't know that show...

I watched episode 1 of the new season (Heroes) and thought it was enough for me, they're complicating things too much...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Silktie - 11-11-2009 05:54 AM

Yeah, we saw it here. I watched the first few episodes, but the bloke playing the lead was not the best actor ever in my opinion, so I gave up. Liked his sidekick and his mother, though!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 11-11-2009 01:42 PM

I love Burn Notice. Plus we get Bruce Campbell in weekly doses when it's airing.

Heroes is one of those shows where you have to trudge through the first 3 episodes to figure out if the season is going to be OK or not. Or I should say they generally improve after the third episode. Season 1 was OK, the rest haven't done anything for me so far.

The first episode of the new V show was pretty good. I haven't watched the second episode yet.