Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 24-11-2009 08:29 AM

Oh! Sad I'm so sorry JHyde. And I agree with you John Lithgow is an amazing actor (and his character is very good) as well as Jimmy Smits (althought I didn't like his character much in Dexter)

Many people advised me to watch Mad Men, and I'll watch the first episodes on Christmas as most of the series aren't aired (and Spooks will be over Sad), time to watch other series Wink

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Asjenw - 24-11-2009 12:24 PM

Nobody mentioned Off The Hook yet? I think it's very funny Big Grin

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 24-11-2009 01:43 PM

(24-11-2009 12:24 PM)Asjenw Wrote:  Nobody mentioned Off The Hook yet? I think it's very funny Big Grin

I don't think I've heard of it. Please tell us more.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 24-11-2009 03:09 PM

(24-11-2009 12:24 PM)Asjenw Wrote:  Nobody mentioned Off The Hook yet? I think it's very funny Big Grin

Oh god.. that is the worst show EVER!

bertowud, it's a British "comedy" about student life when their at uni and it is TERRIBLE.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Asjenw - 24-11-2009 03:09 PM

It's a BBC3 comedy show, and here's the summary:
The show sees Danny starting university and looking forward to all the new experiences ahead. Danny receives a not so happy surprise though when he finds out that his old school friend Shane is at the same university.

Search YT for clips ("off the hook bbc")

I don't know if you guys like it, given your average age is way above mine Tongue
(24-11-2009 03:09 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  

Oh god.. that is the worst show EVER!

bertowud, it's a British "comedy" about student life when their at uni and it is TERRIBLE.

Angel

RE: What other TV do you watch? - RozQuinn. - 24-11-2009 05:05 PM

(20-11-2009 05:22 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  This new season Wink of Dexter is great, better than the 3rd one IMO. (I love your new line, btw) The 2nd one is good too!!

The Big Bang Theory is good (Sheldom is a brilliant character), but I prefer The IT crowd Smile

About The Office, I'm mixed up now!! One friend of mine told me she prefer the US version... anyone else? *EDIT* So US 1 - UK 2
Then UK it is!!

Oh I love the big bang theory! but I agree, the IT crowd are miles better Big Grin
Never watched Dexter or The Office - I'm sort of repelled by names that sound like they belong in the beano, and Ricky Gervais Tongue
But I am quite intruiged with Dexter, despite the name thing. And if fellow Spooks fans recommend it...?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 24-11-2009 07:18 PM

I highly recommend Dexter, Michael C. Hall is brilliant in this character, his voice is perfect for the character. It's good to watch how dexter cope with all the situations that happen. The evolution of his personality is very well told. At first the character intrigued me a lot, and kind of scare me, but then you get to know him and it's fantastic! Big Grin

RE: What other TV do you watch? - RozQuinn. - 25-11-2009 10:09 AM

Ace,. well, i shall certainly look into it.
Christmas is coming up, so i'll have plenty of free time for such larks.

Just another one to add to my list - does anyone watch True Blood? :[

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 25-11-2009 10:25 AM

I've been watching True Blood, mainly because I like some of the people involved, both acting and writing. Ryan Kwanten has been a revelation - he's very bright, but playing someone dense is really hard.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Asjenw - 25-11-2009 04:13 PM

What do you think of Paradox - the show that aired last night? I thought it was great Big Grin