Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 28-11-2009 05:58 AM

(27-11-2009 06:28 PM)almh Wrote:  Kudos do amazing programs - even their kids program MI-High is pretty well made. (It's one of the few CBBC programs I can stand - FYI I do have younger siblings, that's my excuse!)

Was Kudos a known commodity prior to Spooks? They do seem to have a bunch of TV things going.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Bam86 - 04-12-2009 12:00 PM

Doctor Who - I will be very upset when DT leaves :'(
Torchwood
Waking The Dead
Silent Witness

RE: What other TV do you watch? - almh - 04-12-2009 04:12 PM

David Tennant leaving will really be upsetting Sad

Is a new TW series being filmed???

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Akira - 05-12-2009 06:40 PM

Doctor Who here too!
Most of the TV I like to watch is factual, probably because I am so used to analysing storylines and techniques/methods in fictional TV it does my head in! It's a relic from my media course. I love BBC documentaries! And also the kids' show Raven. Big Grin

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 11-12-2009 01:27 PM

I don't think anyone's talked about Damages, which I love and finally got my hands on the second season, which is just as good as the first. I'd watch Glenn Close read the back of a cereal box, and Rose Byrne is someone I've loved since I saw her in The Goddess of 1967, an Australian film made in 2001. She has the same magnetic beauty on screen as Miranda Raison, just pops on film. If you're interested in seeing an Australian who can do an American accent, by the way, she's a good choice Smile
The rest of the cast is equally impressive - Zeljko Ivanek in Season 1, Marcia Gay Harden (I'd see anything she was in too) in Season 2. And Tate Donovan's come a long way since The OC, he's not bad at directing either.

It's a really grown up legal drama, but a thriller in genre as well. Highly recommended.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 11-12-2009 01:43 PM

Definitely, HJyde!!! I love that show too! The first season is amazing, you don't know what to think about the characters, if they are good or bad or what? Ted Danson plays a great role in it. And of course, Glenn Close is wonderful, the character, Patty Huges is great (I'm running out of adjetives here Tongue) very interesting and has a lot of shades of meaning (can I say that?). I didn't know Rose Byrne was Australian!! She's very good!

I like the first season better, but the second one is good too. I've read next season begins 25th of January, can't wait Big Grin

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 11-12-2009 01:48 PM

She's half of a very talented couple. Her boyfriend is a writer and actor called Brendan Cowell who was part of my favourite Australian series Love My Way. Beatriz if you could get your hands on that I think it's right up your street. And not just because we seem to agree on many shows Smile

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 11-12-2009 06:29 PM

I'm investigating Big Grin It has 3 seasons, I'm searching how I can get it, hope I can[Image: silba.gif]

I think the major problem will be the subtitles... Is easy to understand Australian accent? Wink Tongue

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 12-12-2009 01:09 AM

I think I'd like it, but haven't watched any of Damages. It came too close on the heels of Glen Close's season on The Shield.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 12-12-2009 02:16 AM

Beatriz you might have trouble with colloquialisms. I don't know if region 1 or 2 dvds have subtitles, but I'm pretty sure mine do.