Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 14-12-2009 07:33 PM

Yeah, he almost upstages David Tennant when he is the Master.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 14-12-2009 07:40 PM

Does anyone watch Bones? My sister is obsessed with it, and it does seem to have some pretty decent guest stars.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 14-12-2009 08:05 PM

I used to. They kept moving it around on the schedule so I lost track of it. Plus Zack was my favorite and well, ya know.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 14-12-2009 08:36 PM

Yeah, I watch Bones. Speaking of guest stars, last week they had Zoey Deschanel appearing with sis Emily Deschanel. I like science-y type shows and this fits into that category; also CSI -- but not the Miami version -- hate David Caruso!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 14-12-2009 08:40 PM

I only found out Emily was on it because I was saying how much I love Zooey to my sister, who is a recent convert after seeing 500 Days of Summer. She was robbed of a guest star Emmy on Weeds S2, I reckon.

I know Stephen Fry's on it quite a lot, and Josh Malina's currently filming a spot on it.

Speaking of Stephen Fry, they're finally getting around to showing Kingdom in Australia with HN. The first series is like 3 years old! I really want to watch it but it's on at an awkward time.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 14-12-2009 08:45 PM

(14-12-2009 08:40 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I only found out Emily was on it because I was saying how much I love Zooey to my sister, who is a recent convert after seeing 500 Days of Summer. She was robbed of a guest star Emmy on Weeds S2, I reckon.

I know Stephen Fry's on it quite a lot, and Josh Malina's currently filming a spot on it.

Speaking of Stephen Fry, they're finally getting around to showing Kingdom in Australia with HN. The first series is like 3 years old! I really want to watch it but it's on at an awkward time.

Yeah, on Bones Stephen Fry plays this psychiatrist who just changed careers and became a chef -- very funny bit.

I didn't know Zoey Deschanel until I saw Tin Man, which I absolutely loved. She played DG, updated version of Dorothy Gale (a la Wizard of Oz).

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 14-12-2009 09:11 PM

(14-12-2009 07:23 PM)almh Wrote:  No idea what you're talking about with Dexter's finale so I guess not...

Watch Doctor Who with John Simm in!!! Heart

I've decided I'll watch Dr Who, from the beggining, everybody says it's great so I'm in (too much series to watch...) does John Simm appears at the beginning? My cousin who lives in Dublin told me a little about Dr Who, and that there was another Dr Who in the 70s, so where do I start??? Tongue

(14-12-2009 08:36 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I like science-y type shows and this fits into that category; also CSI -- but not the Miami version -- hate David Caruso!
I hate David Caruso too!! Well, I hate him in CSI as Horatio, his character is so arrogant... IMO of course. Grissom is the master of CSI!!
I've seen Caruso in a film I can't remember the title it was a thriller and it was set in an abandoned mental hospital, does anyone know which one was it?
I've just watched Dexter's final chapter and OMG OMG OMG!!! It left me hyperventilating, never before an episode of any series left me like that!!! Spoilers for 4.12 I warn you before because if you read them the season and the series will be completely ruined
Spoiler: show
I didn't expect this ending, I didn't see that coming, I'm still shaking. Poor Rita, poor kids, poor Harrison, he has the same fate as his father so far... OMG!
It wasn't one of the best season's begining but when Trinity appeared was great, the interaction between Arthur Mitchell and Dexter is awsome, how Dexter "learn about Arthur" at the beginning Tongue

RE: What other TV do you watch? - almh - 14-12-2009 09:14 PM

John Simm is in the 3rd series of the new series of Doctor Who. Smile He is good! He's in the series 3 finale, and features at the end of episode 8 and is in the following two-parter.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 14-12-2009 09:16 PM

I'm not reading anything under those tags Beatriz. Thanks for the warning, I'm only up to 4.3.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 14-12-2009 09:26 PM

(14-12-2009 09:14 PM)almh Wrote:  John Simm is in the 3rd series of the new series of Doctor Who. Smile He is good! He's in the series 3 finale, and features at the end of episode 8 and is in the following two-parter.
So, if I got it right, this new series began in 2005 and there are 3 series of this one, and they're airing the 4th one? I thought it had 5 series or more... good to know, the moment I can I'll watch it. And I'll begin for the first one Smile
(14-12-2009 09:16 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I'm not reading anything under those tags Beatriz. Thanks for the warning, I'm only up to 4.3.

Don't do it, seriously, I think I've spoiled you a bit before and I'm so sorry Sad
The beginning of this season was good, nothing great, but it gets really interesting when Trinity (John Lightgow) appears. God, I'm still in shock!