Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 27-12-2009 12:18 PM

Welcome to the club! It is brilliant, not quite like anything else I watch. The cast is superb. Season 2 is also really good and I can't wait for season 3.

In season 2 there are a couple of scenes with Glenn Close and Marcia Gay Harden and I just sat there thinking "two powerhouses of the visual medium".

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 27-12-2009 01:07 PM

Yes, Damages is so great!!! 25th of January is the day, I have it in my agenda Big Grin

I can't think of anyother series similar to this...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Kirayuki - 28-12-2009 02:21 PM

Okay, I don't watch TV as a practice as there's just so much rubbish on nowadays.
(I either buy the DVD's or go on iPlayer to watch something specific).

Spooks
LOM/A2A (Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes)
Doctor Who/Torchwood
Larkrise to Candelford
Mock the Week
QI
That Mitchell and Webb Look

Feel free to point me in the direction of good Dramas as they're my favourite. Big Grin
(Recently ordered 'Torn' so should be watching that in the near future).

RE: What other TV do you watch? - YourFutureMuse - 28-12-2009 04:43 PM

Has anybody ever seen the programme 'The State Within' I think it was on the BBC a few years ago but I brought the box set by chance last week and I absolutely love it Big Grin It reminds me of Spooks quite a lot, although it is about the British Embassy in Washington... I would highly recommend it Big Grin

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 28-12-2009 05:23 PM

And you love it because Genevieve O'Reilly's in it.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - YourFutureMuse - 28-12-2009 05:25 PM

Haha you got me Tongue
But of course I am not that shallow ... The man who plays the British ambassador is also very good looking Wink Tongue Hahahaha Big Grin
Although seriously it has an amazing storyline and Genevieve isn't even a main character ( an outrage I know Tongue )

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Adam Carter - 31-12-2009 05:20 AM

Friday Night Lights is the best show not named Spooks. Wink

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 31-12-2009 05:23 AM

That is a show I would really like to get my hands on, I've been hearing fantastic things about it for some years, but I'm pretty sure it has never been picked up here.

It's meant to have some of the best characters on TV.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - i luv lucas - 31-12-2009 08:38 AM

Hi Guys, I like
NCIS.
CSI New York
And anything with Richard Armitage in it!!!
xx

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 31-12-2009 09:04 PM

(31-12-2009 05:20 AM)Adam Carter Wrote:  Friday Night Lights is the best show not named Spooks. Wink

Interesting . . . I watched this in it's first season but then gave up on it. I think I initially tuned in because I had read the book and found it very compelling, but it's tough to build an episodic tv show around a book and keep it going.