Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Silktie - 31-12-2009 09:19 PM

If you're not that interested in high school kids' problems (both real and imagined) it's difficult to stay the course with Friday Night Lights. I will say, however, that the depiction of the coach and his wife's relationship is the best I've seen yet of a stable, realistic marriage on TV.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Adam Carter - 31-12-2009 10:22 PM

(31-12-2009 09:04 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Interesting . . . I watched this in it's first season but then gave up on it. I think I initially tuned in because I had read the book and found it very compelling, but it's tough to build an episodic tv show around a book and keep it going.

That's what I think is great about the show, though. By using the episodic format, they're able to tell the story of an entire American football season, going through each game and character turn and how the two relate. And then you're able to see how each season leads into the next and how the characters evolve.

(31-12-2009 09:19 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I will say, however, that the depiction of the coach and his wife's relationship is the best I've seen yet of a stable, realistic marriage on TV.

Without question! Heart

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Silktie - 01-01-2010 12:08 PM

Lol, I saw on Sky News that the BBC DG got reduced to a 'gibbering idiot' by 90 year old writer Baroness PD James. They had a debate about salaries of BBC personnel and the quality of the BBC's programmes, and just in general the way the BBC is run. She's my favourite writer, so I'm delighted! Let's hope this somehow contributes to Spooks being renewed as it is way better than having a show called 'Britain's Worst Teeth' for instance. What the hell?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - almh - 01-01-2010 12:12 PM

What? There is actually a tv program called that? Very worried... Yes, recommision Spooks and not pointless tv! Still no official confirmation...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 01-01-2010 12:30 PM

Is there a video of the DG being ripped into?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Silktie - 01-01-2010 12:40 PM

Haven't seen one, maybe it will be on Youtube at some stage.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Silktie - 02-01-2010 01:04 PM

Sorry for the double post, but found part of that interview on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJB5ROrGD_s

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 02-01-2010 06:29 PM

PD James is one determined woman!! Good for her. And Mark Thompson is not very articulate, especially given that he works in media!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - YourFutureMuse - 02-01-2010 06:39 PM

Haha she completely destroyed him Tongue Can't believe she is 89! I have lots of newfound respect for her Big Grin

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 02-01-2010 06:43 PM

I'd love to know what percentage of the BBC's allotment goes to the creative people vs the administrative people. That was never said, although it was alluded to.