Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 06-01-2010 06:27 PM

I haven't watched myself but everybody I seem to talk to about it says it's amazing and one of the best series ever... How many seasons has it?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 06-01-2010 07:30 PM

Apparently the Sopranos has 6 series. I just seem to find that a lot of people have heard it is good but not actually watched it.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 06-01-2010 08:19 PM

I watched the first three and they were really good. I'd be interested to see how they stand up in a post Sopranos world. The Sopranos paved the way for a lot of really good TV in the US. Without The Sopranos, we wouldn't have The Shield or The Wire or at least not in the form we got them.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 06-01-2010 09:18 PM

I agree with bertowud. Between them, The Sopranos and The West Wing basically saved television drama. I suspect the landscape of TV would look very different today without those two shows coming along at a time when people were umming and ahhing about the future of television, and especially the making of drama solely for TV.

Season 3 of the Sopranos is my favourite.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 06-01-2010 10:27 PM

That's great I will get the Sopranos then.

I have to say though that while I loved the Wire which I watched first, I hated the Shield which I watched after. The funny thing is that I know people who watched the Shield before the Wire and loved the Shield but couldnt get on with the Wire. I felt the Wire was an intelligent piece of TV while the Shield was a bit Cagney and Lacey for me. Also I couldnt get on with the supposed "hero." I watched 4 episodes and gave up.

Don't get me started on the West Wing. I love it and miss it !

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 07-01-2010 01:15 AM

Love the West Wing. I'm doing a rewatch of that at the moment, which I haven't done for a long while. CJ Cregg is one of my heroes, fictional or otherwise, but I'm probably more like Toby.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - TygerBright - 07-01-2010 01:36 AM

Sea Patrol.
not anymore tho now that Buffer's jumped ship.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 07-01-2010 01:37 AM

We have an Australian show called Sea Patrol. Is that the one you mean?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - TygerBright - 07-01-2010 01:44 AM

yep. used to obsess about that one too... (sagittarius Wink)
oh, and City Homicide. Totally loving that one, can't wait for the new season.. you have great TV shows down under Cool

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 07-01-2010 01:49 AM

All these years when I read about shows being sold to countries you wouldn't expect, I really just thought we were being had. I can't believe Germans watch Sea Patrol! I don't watch that or City Homicide (although there are some actors on CH I really like) but they both rate well. Not that that necessarily means anything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Love My Way is the best Australian drama I have ever seen. And one of my favourite shows ever.

I won a copy of Torchwood Children of Earth today and I'm so excited about re-watching it. Not that I'll have time for a few days, but oh well....