Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 07-01-2010 05:14 PM

Sorry, I am sure it is lovely. Blush

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 07-01-2010 05:25 PM

Well I don't know as I'd call it lovely . . . and there's nothing to be sorry for!! It's the US tv folks who've given everyone the idea that Baltimore is a pit.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 07-01-2010 06:03 PM

(07-01-2010 05:25 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Well I don't know as I'd call it lovely . . . and there's nothing to be sorry for!! It's the US tv folks who've given everyone the idea that Baltimore is a pit.

Personally I know 5 people who have been to Baltimore and 4 of them have been mugged there.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Silktie - 07-01-2010 06:07 PM

Another West Wing nut here. I loved CJ and Toby as well, but my enduring memory of that show will always be the great friendship and respect between Leo and Bartlett. That was such a great relationship. I was really sad
Spoiler: show
when John Spencer died, and they then had to kill off Leo in the show. That scene of Bartlett carrying the coffin still makes me cry.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - YourFutureMuse - 07-01-2010 06:32 PM

I am really looking forward to the new series of Silent Witness tonight, and survivors next week and I thought the first episode of hustle was excellent Big Grin Guess I am trying to get by without Spooks on the TV :sigh: lol

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 07-01-2010 07:02 PM

(07-01-2010 06:07 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Another West Wing nut here. I loved CJ and Toby as well, but my enduring memory of that show will always be the great friendship and respect between Leo and Bartlett. That was such a great relationship. I was really sad
when John Spencer died, and they then had to kill off Leo in the show. That scene of Bartlett carrying the coffin still makes me cry.

Yes it was so sad.
That whole scene you just knew they were not acting. Their faces showed real pain. It was like you were actually watching them at John's funeral and not Leo's. I also loved Donna and was so happy for her at the end. What she quite saw in Josh though I will never really know. He was so cruel to her sometimes. One of my favourite scenes was though when he said to Donna towards the end of the series when she came for a job interview, "and if you dont think I miss you every day" ....that sends a shiver down my spine.

(07-01-2010 06:32 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  I am really looking forward to the new series of Silent Witness tonight, and survivors next week and I thought the first episode of hustle was excellent Big Grin Guess I am trying to get by without Spooks on the TV :sigh: lol

Is Survivors any good YFM? Is it worth watching?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 07-01-2010 08:48 PM

(07-01-2010 06:03 PM)bertowud Wrote:  
(07-01-2010 05:25 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Well I don't know as I'd call it lovely . . . and there's nothing to be sorry for!! It's the US tv folks who've given everyone the idea that Baltimore is a pit.

Personally I know 5 people who have been to Baltimore and 4 of them have been mugged there.

As I said, I don't know as I'd call it lovely . . . Suicida

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 18-01-2010 10:21 PM

And another reason to watch Dexter, especially 4th season Tongue http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W1EZ0gXnJw

RE: What other TV do you watch? - YourFutureMuse - 18-01-2010 10:41 PM

Quote:
(07-01-2010 06:32 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  I am really looking forward to the new series of Silent Witness tonight, and survivors next week and I thought the first episode of hustle was excellent Big Grin Guess I am trying to get by without Spooks on the TV :sigh: lol

Is Survivors any good YFM? Is it worth watching?

This is a very late answer, sorry Smile But if you haven't already seen it I would recomend it Big Grin Not quite of a spooky caliber but it passes an hour and I think it is rather good Smile

As for not so good TV I reaally didn't like material girl, what a load of rubbish haha I thought it was going to be like an english ugly betty or something Sad

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 19-01-2010 02:46 AM

I'm watching the 2nd episode of the current season of 24. I'm amazed at what Jack Bauer can do in one day.