Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 19-01-2010 04:24 AM

I thought seasons 1, 3, 5 and 6 were excellent. But season 7 was just ridiculous, going by the first 8 episodes. Plus I really didn't like Cherry Jones. So I'm not sure I'll be coming back to 24 at any point.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 19-01-2010 04:31 AM

I think you're right on those seasons. Seven was quite ridiculous. I haven't figured out if 8 is going to be any better yet.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 04:24 PM

I'm re-watching all of Lost atm, love it so much.

New shows I'm into include, How I Met Your Mother & Chuck.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 19-01-2010 06:23 PM

I have to admit I'm a bit bored of Lost (don't kill me), I think they are playing with me, not very believable... However, I will watch this last season, to know it all ends and I'll give my final opinion.

How I Met Your Mother is great, but now is starting to decline... Barney character is amazing, I'm not very fond of Ted...

Has anyone talked about Little Britain? I think is hilarious!! I've just come back home from English class and I saw a woman who was like Vicky Pollard, so funny!!

Nitrus (or anyone who watches The Big Bang Theory) Have you watched the last but one episode, it was really good, I laugh my head off with Sheldon being Raj's wing man, memorable!! lol

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 06:26 PM

*holds ears* not watched the last couple of BBT episodes.

As for being bored of Lost... may the wrath of a thousand demons be brought down upon your head. Tongue Jokes.

Yeh, I feel like i'm the only person who's heavily into Lost.. I've given up trying to convince them.

HIMYM was great in the first two seasons, but now the jokes are very repetitive, and are written for the laughs. I hate it when comedy shows start over-using catchphrases just to get laughs, I prefer comedy that's written for the character, not the audience. If that makes sense.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 19-01-2010 06:40 PM

Yes, I agree whith what you say about HIMYM... Hope it gets better...

As for Lost, I feel the other way around, everybody seems to love it Tongue I must admit it's gripping.

Please, tell me when you've watched TBBT, please Big Grin Appart from Sheldon, Leonard's mother is a great character Tongue

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 06:42 PM

Her lines made me cringe in that drunk episode.. loved the way she told Leonard about the dog.

"When did I divorce Leonard's father, Sheldon?"
Sheldon says something
"That's right, the weekend before Mitzy died"

and Sheldon's next line

"She was an old dog Leonard, what choice did we have?" Makes me LOL everytime!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 19-01-2010 09:21 PM

Plus with How I Met Your Mother, has even met my mother yet?

I think they lost a lot of people with Lost in season 3 because they were stalling and you could tell it. Then they jumped right back into the weird mythology stuff. The writers' strike didn't help either.

One of the things they did right with Heroes that Lost didn't do was answer a lot of questions each season. Lost has a bad habit of asking a lot of questions and only answering 2 or 3 of them in the season and maybe a few more the next season.

Where I feel Heroes went wrong is they tried to do the same story every season and it got old quickly.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 19-01-2010 09:22 PM

Personally, I like what Lost does with the new questions as long as it ALL ties up in the end.. I really like it.

No, he hasn't met their mother yet lol, but they keep hinting that she will be appearing soon!!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 19-01-2010 10:32 PM

Yeah, but Carlton and Damon have already admitted that many of the questions asked won't be answered because they only have 16 episodes to close out the show at this point, so I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.