Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 19-01-2010 10:39 PM

In HIMYM last episode but one we got to see her feet Tongue

Lost: I'm not sure the answer any questions... we'll see, one question, do you think the smoke question was resolved?
Series Lost Spoiler: show
I don't think so... the thing is that they are playing with lots of things here, mythology, time travel... And I don't think they are handling properly, well at least not for me...
What's your favourite character? Out of curiosity, mine is Locke Smile
I was shocked when they showed us he was in that box, dead!! Confused

As for Heroes, they started well but then they lost their head... The first season was amazing, the next one was good too but then... it got worse and worse, in my opinion.
Series Heroes Spoiler: show
Nathan dead but Sylar became him, it's too far-fetched!!! I lost the interest in it

EDIT
(19-01-2010 10:32 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Yeah, but Carlton and Damon have already admitted that many of the questions asked won't be answered because they only have 16 episodes to close out the show at this point, so I'm afraid you're going to be disappointed.
Aren't they going to answer all the questions, that sounds really bad Undecided

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 20-01-2010 01:23 AM

(19-01-2010 10:39 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Lost: I'm not sure the answer any questions... we'll see, one question, do you think the smoke question was resolved?
I don't think so... the thing is that they are playing with lots of things here, mythology, time travel... And I don't think they are handling properly, well at least not for me...
What's your favourite character? Out of curiosity, mine is Locke Smile
I was shocked when they showed us he was in that box, dead!! Confused
I like Locke a lot. I think we're supposed to like Locke. I also like Sawyer. I think he's grown the most as a character through the series.

(19-01-2010 10:39 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  As for Heroes, they started well but then they lost their head... The first season was amazing, the next one was good too but then... it got worse and worse, in my opinion.
Series Heroes Spoiler: show
Nathan dead but Sylar became him, it's too far-fetched!!! I lost the interest in it
See, that was the one thing they kind of did right I think. And it's almost like they meant to do it. And as much as I love Hiro, I think he's run his course too.

(19-01-2010 10:39 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  Aren't they going to answer all the questions, that sounds really bad Undecided
They have definitely stated that many questions will be unanswered after the show is over a couple of times. They've said that on the Lost podcast and at San Diego Comicon this past summer.

At one point I thought they were all dead and this was their purgatory.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 20-01-2010 12:37 PM

Yes, perhaps they want us to like Locke (besides Terry O'Quinn plays him brilliantly). And Sawyer is one of the most consistent characters and the one who' evolved more.

I found this article, and it talks about unaswered questions...
Yes, it could be purgatory, but for me it's an "easy solution" to the entire show, that or a dream. Iif it's one of those, I'll be disappointed because I'll think they were pulling our legs throughout the entire show Dodgy (I'm already disappointed but perhaps if they made a stunning end, I'll change my mind Tongue)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 20-01-2010 01:38 PM

Well the smoke has already been answered, and:

Series 4 lost Spoiler: show
Locke is actually dead

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 20-01-2010 02:07 PM

Or is he? Hmmm....

I know the actor who plays Sawyer's wife is ready for the show to end. He's stated a few times his wife doesn't like the longer hair.

They've stated outright in an interview on one of the Lost podcasts that it's not purgatory and I'm pretty sure it's not a dream. There's something going on there for sure.

I'm looking forward to this season and seeing what they do tell us.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 20-01-2010 02:13 PM

I had two goes at watching the pilot of Lost and couldn't cope. Despite people being in the cast who I like.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 20-01-2010 02:19 PM

Hmmm... I would think you'd like Lost. There are loads of literary and philosophy references. They almost need to publish an official Lost Reading List.

It was hilarious seeing Sawyer reading Dear God Are You There? It's Me Margaret. by Judy Blume.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 20-01-2010 02:25 PM

I reference that book all the time!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 20-01-2010 02:29 PM

I feel intellectually inadequate reading parts of this thread lol.

What Docuseries do people watch? Planet Earth etc

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 20-01-2010 02:34 PM

I loved the series on The Blues that was done a few years back and different episodes were done by different directors. Scorcese did one of them.

I just discovered that there is such a thing as good morning television. The national broadcaster here has started a morning TV show that is actually proper news reporting, political discussion and panel commentary. I only discovered it the day before my friend's wedding when I was done the South Coast. I usually just watch the nightly political program on the ABC that I love. Apart from that, I don't actually get to watch TV because of my weird hours. I just buy the DVDs of what I like.