Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 22-01-2010 04:27 AM

(05-01-2010 07:13 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  
(05-01-2010 04:52 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Wasn't there a Tyne Daly guest appearance on one episode of Burn Notice? Or am I imagining that? I really like Sharon Gless and Bruce Campbell's interactions on there.

I think the Tyne Daly guest spot is in an upcoming episode -- saw her in the preview screen clips. That should be fun!

It was tonight's episode. It was good.
I just picked up the first few episodes of Wiseguy on DVD cheap.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 25-01-2010 07:21 PM

Finally got around to watching the new ep of Burn Notice. Liked Tyne Daly but I thought the ep was kind of flat, for a season opener.

Wise Guy!! I haven't thought about that series in years. That really was a great show, and the guest actors were tremendous. Remember the Kevin Spacey character? And the sister? Good stuff.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Sirena - 26-01-2010 03:10 PM

Hmm favourites regularly watched: 24, Chuck, Spooks, Criminal Minds, Burn Notice, The Closer, Sea Patrol, Lie to Me, Leverage, NCIS, Desperate HW, Dr Who..

Past favourites: Black Books, The Cell (1 and 2 worth watching if no one's seen it yet), Life on Mars (and the follow ups), Alias, La Femme Nikita, McCleod's Daughters, Prison Break, Dollhouse, The Amazing Mrs Pritchard...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 26-01-2010 07:41 PM

Criminal Minds is one of my "must watch" favorites. La Femme Nikita used to be.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - TygerBright - 26-01-2010 08:06 PM

There was a time in season 3 when I almost kicked Criminal Minds to the curb but it has much improved and is one of my weekly top 6 at the moment.

Former favourite (and only because the ****s cancelled it) - Dollhouse.
Admittedly a few pedestrian episodes in it now and then but it had potential.
Pity.
NCIS tho I think has jumped the shark...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 27-01-2010 03:40 AM

(25-01-2010 07:21 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Finally got around to watching the new ep of Burn Notice. Liked Tyne Daly but I thought the ep was kind of flat, for a season opener.

Wise Guy!! I haven't thought about that series in years. That really was a great show, and the guest actors were tremendous. Remember the Kevin Spacey character? And the sister? Good stuff.

The Burn Notice episode wasn't that good and it was good to see them back together again even if it was for one episode.

Wise Guy was one of the greatest shows ever. I didn't get to watch too many episodes I was a kid and had a lot of competition for the TV at the time. I do remember the Kevin Spacey character. It was the first place I noticed him. I still love Jim Byrnes to this day. He was great in the Highlander tv series too.

(26-01-2010 03:10 PM)Sirena Wrote:  Leverage

Finally another Leverage fan around here. It was feeling pretty lonely. I'm not especially enjoying Jeri Ryan on there though.

(26-01-2010 08:06 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  Former favourite (and only because the ****s cancelled it) - Dollhouse.
Admittedly a few pedestrian episodes in it now and then but it had potential.
Pity.

The only episodes I saw of season 1 were the pedestrian ones so I never started watching it. I did catch a couple of the better ones this season though.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Sirena - 27-01-2010 02:16 PM

(26-01-2010 03:10 PM)Sirena Wrote:  Leverage

Finally another Leverage fan around here. It was feeling pretty lonely. I'm not especially enjoying Jeri Ryan on there though.

You must be a little ahead of me - have only watched a few eps of Season 2 to date and not sure if I've encountered Ms Ryan yet.

Eliot totally cracks me up!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 27-01-2010 02:36 PM

She's in the season finale as an attorney.
The whole cast is great.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Sirena - 27-01-2010 02:48 PM

Ah and Criminal Minds..not my usual fare but it is so well acted....!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 27-01-2010 06:52 PM

(27-01-2010 03:40 AM)bertowud Wrote:  Wise Guy was one of the greatest shows ever. I didn't get to watch too many episodes I was a kid and had a lot of competition for the TV at the time. I do remember the Kevin Spacey character. It was the first place I noticed him. I still love Jim Byrnes to this day. He was great in the Highlander tv series too.

I checked into getting the dvd's but there's a huge controversy about them as the producers (or whoever owns the rights) wouldn't spring to pay for the original music when the show was re-mastered for dvd. As I understand it, many of the eps have been chopped because of that as music played a really important part in that show. An unfortunate and short-sighted decision, I think.Undecided