Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - TygerBright - 27-01-2010 09:35 PM

Wise Guy.. trip down memory lane. Brilliant show.

As for Leverage - I somehow lost interest after the first season. Bit of an American ""Hustle" rip-off.. But I've always rather liked Timothy Hutton. And Christian Kane is easy on the eye Smile

As for memory lane - was totally hooked on "Spenser", and Robert Urich. And even more so HAWK!!!! Avery Brooks is one of the coolest actors ever.
And then there was the the all too short-lived "Stingray" (The 80s American one with Nick Mancuso) and - all-time favourite - "Midnight Caller" with Gary Cole!!!!
aaawh, they just don't make 'em lik that anymore..
And now excuse me while I go and feel OLD!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - HellsBells - 28-01-2010 02:43 PM

Was Midnight Caller the one where he was a late night DJ that went around saving people ? A ex-policeman or something like that.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - TygerBright - 28-01-2010 03:39 PM

yeah... I remember the eps ending with "Good night America… wherever you are." Great scripts, some quite controversial. And Gary Cole in one of his best TV roles (tho I quite liked his evil sheriff in American Gothic)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 28-01-2010 03:42 PM

Started watching some new shows as of late:

Fringe
V
Dollhouse

I'm slowly getting into Fringe, but it seems a bit "monster of the week", I am really into Dollhouse (joss whedon) pity it got cancelled after 2 seasons.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 28-01-2010 06:44 PM

Have been watching eps of The Equalizer for the past couple of days -- I forgot how much I liked Robert McCall (Edward Woodward)!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 28-01-2010 11:44 PM

You're right. The music is an issue with Wise Guy, Northern Exposure, and WKRP in Cincinnati. It's especially weird with Northern Exposure. The only Wise Guy DVDs I've picked was the first arc and it was only $5.

(27-01-2010 09:35 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  As for Leverage - I somehow lost interest after the first season. Bit of an American ""Hustle" rip-off.. But I've always rather liked Timothy Hutton. And Christian Kane is easy on the eye Smile
It is a bit of a Hustle rip off. I like the characters and the actors together more than anything. I'm a huge Timothy Hutton fan.

(27-01-2010 09:35 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  As for memory lane - was totally hooked on "Spenser", and Robert Urich. And even more so HAWK!!!! Avery Brooks is one of the coolest actors ever.
And then there was the the all too short-lived "Stingray" (The 80s American one with Nick Mancuso) and - all-time favourite - "Midnight Caller" with Gary Cole!!!!
aaawh, they just don't make 'em lik that anymore..
And now excuse me while I go and feel OLD!
Spenser...RIP Robert B. Parker. Avery Brooks is one very talented actor. He was at least 50% of the reason to watch Star Trek Deep Space Nine. I will say I didn't dig "A Man Called Hawk". It didn't make sense to me for him to move to DC. Plus he's better being a background character behind Spenser.

I thought I was the only person who remembered Stingray. I remember one episode where he had this really lame looking bug detector and was sweeping his hotel room. Of course, I mostly remember his car.

I had forgotten Midnight Caller until you mentioned it. It was great.

The Equalizer was good. Even as a kid I had a problem because I couldn't figure out how he made money though.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 28-01-2010 11:59 PM

(28-01-2010 11:44 PM)bertowud Wrote:  The Equalizer was good. Even as a kid I had a problem because I couldn't figure out how he made money though.

McCall was ex-CIA -- if Sarah Caulfield is any example, he probably had a big illicit Swiss bank acct! LOL.

I always thought it interesting that the CIA had a Brit agent -- that did give me a bit of a quandry for awhile, but then I just decided to go with it.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 29-01-2010 12:04 AM

I don't think they actually said which agency he worked for. It was just called "The Company" wasn't it? His boss was called Control and they kept making him do jobs for them.

There is/was a theory he Robert McCall was really David Callan moved to the US.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 29-01-2010 12:06 AM

No, they never really said which agency but "The Company" is the CIA. Control is Robert Lansing -- another great actor.

I never heard that theory but it works.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 29-01-2010 12:16 AM

Beatriz and I are ridiculously excited about the new season of Damages, which has one of the best casts I have ever seen, no kidding. Great to see Lily Tomlin doing drama.