Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 30-01-2010 04:38 PM

Yeah, I'd go with Criminal Intent, too. Vincent D'Onofrio has gotten increasingly more quirky over the years, which plays well in the role of Goren. And I've always loved Mike Logan, Chris Noth's character, even back in the original L&O -- a passionate, cynical, bad boy just trying to do the right thing. I think Jeff Goldblum brought some new energy to the show and he does add an interesting contrast to Goren. And Eric Bogosian as their leader was an inspired bit of casting.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - TygerBright - 30-01-2010 09:54 PM

I only watched CI because of Vincent D'Onofrio. What an actor, what a brilliant character. While I like Jeff Goldblum, he can't fill the big boots and there are too many other shows to watch and too little time.

Reminds me though that I've started watching CSI again after they brought in Lawrence Fishburn. Who's getting better by the episode (and so is Dr. Ray..)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - belle4723 - 01-02-2010 05:27 PM

(29-01-2010 09:47 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Which Law & Order is your favorite?

The original - I'm not crazy about the new DA (Cutter) - he's not as strong as McCoy and he is constantly at odds with McCoy. The two officers are good and I love their different personalities but Briscoe and Green were the best.
(30-01-2010 06:26 AM)bertowud Wrote:  I'd have to say Criminal Intent at this point. It used to be SVU, but after watching 15 episodes in one day, I got depressed because of how often kids are the victims in that show.

Why Criminal Intent? Vincent D'Onofrio is a wonderful actor. I'm not sure I like Jeff Goldblum on there yet. Also, I like Chris Noth's character too.

I liked Vincent D'Onofrio and Chris Noth. Goldblum was okay but his female partner just never really clicked (nor with Noth's character)- I could never get past the fact that she looked and acted about 14. Eames was perfect with Goren.

SVU is struggling to find the right ADA. If they could just keep Alex in there.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 01-02-2010 07:26 PM

Cutter and his weak American accent is about half the reason I stopped watching the original L&O. Briscoe and almost anyone was the best team on the cop side of things.

None of the other versions have quite captured the blend of cop & DA.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Jhokur - 01-02-2010 08:19 PM

Fav shows other than Spooks:
UK based: Top Gear, The IT Crowd, Coupling (I know it's done but I like it), Red Dwarf (same)
US based: Chuck (if the show ever falls, let Yvonne Strzechowski become a Spook!), Big Bang Theory, CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Bones, House...

In my queue to watch: LoM(UK), as is much of my "old" favourites - Time Goes By, Waiting for God, Good Neighbours, Last of the Summer Wine, Vicar of Dibley, Doc Martin, Wooster & Jeeves, Fry & Laurie... more recommendations, please!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nia M - 01-02-2010 08:42 PM

I'd add Ashes to Ashes to that list Jhokur Smile I love that show!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 01-02-2010 10:06 PM

I'm going to try and watch a few episodes of A2A today actually. I've been rewatching Life on Mars as I do every now and again and decided to give it a whirl.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nia M - 01-02-2010 10:33 PM

My sister's been ill lately so she's broken out all the box-sets, and we've been eating dinner for the past week or so while watching an episode of first LoM, and now A2A each night Tongue

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 02-02-2010 12:15 AM

Well, I won the box set of season 1 in a competition, but I don't think season 2 is out here yet. I'm starting tonight when I get back from work.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Jhokur - 02-02-2010 12:42 AM

Added A2A to my Netflix queue, though they aren't available yet...

I find this disconcerting though!Sad
MI-5: Vol. 7: Disc 1 Television *Very long wait* DVD

People hording just disc 1? Disc 2 is short wait, 3 & 4 are available. Fortunately I have Series 3 and 4's discs in front Smile