Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 02-02-2010 09:17 AM

(01-02-2010 08:19 PM)Jhokur Wrote:  Fav shows other than Spooks:
UK based: Top Gear, The IT Crowd, Coupling (I know it's done but I like it), Red Dwarf (same)
US based: Chuck (if the show ever falls, let Yvonne Strzechowski become a Spook!), Big Bang Theory, CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Bones, House...

In my queue to watch: LoM(UK), as is much of my "old" favourites - Time Goes By, Waiting for God, Good Neighbours, Last of the Summer Wine, Vicar of Dibley, Doc Martin, Wooster & Jeeves, Fry & Laurie... more recommendations, please!

A2A is good but I prefer LOM, though. John Simm and Liz White are amazing in it. And Gene Hunt is in his best. That doesn't mean I won't watch A2A when it begins Wink

I'd watch LOM first, it makes more sense.

Do you watch Dexter or Damages? these would be my recomendations so far, I'll think about more...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - i luv lucas - 02-02-2010 04:27 PM

I love Criminal minds, all of the CSI's, ncis (original and Los Angeles), and am still totally in love with The vicar of Dibley, especailly the last 2 episodes....!!Silba

I am afraid though, that i do not do Dexter or Damages!!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 02-02-2010 04:48 PM

LoM is better and it definitely makes more sense to watch it first. A2A is good.

Beatriz, you don't care the 6th and last season of Lost starts tonight? What do you have against Lost?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - murarik - 02-02-2010 05:50 PM

I don't know the most of tv-shows that you are talking about. Blush
I love CSI (Las Vegas), House M.D., Dollhouse, Lie to me, Top Gear.
After spooks, i'm going to watch "The vicar of Dibley" -I saw parts of this tv-show and think it's very funny.Big Grin

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 02-02-2010 08:50 PM

(02-02-2010 04:48 PM)bertowud Wrote:  LoM is better and it definitely makes more sense to watch it first. A2A is good.

Beatriz, you don't care the 6th and last season of Lost starts tonight? What do you have against Lost?
hahaha The thing is that it has disappointed me, the way I see it is that the writers are pulling my leg... I won't deny I'm going to watch it but not looking forward to it like I'd be if started Dexter or Spooks or the IT crowd... And the fact that everybody is so eager and histerical about tonight makes me say I don't care about it Wink

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 03-02-2010 02:24 AM

I guess I'm watching Lost tonight. I should be working. But I'm watching Lost instead.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - belle4723 - 03-02-2010 03:16 AM

So, for those of you in the UK, how do you watch US shows? I have to watch UK shows via the internet and then it has to be from someone who uploaded the show. I can't run the BBC iPlayer thing and BBCAmerica is at 6 months or more behind. I can order and watch instantly on Netflix but, again, it's not very timely.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - i luv lucas - 03-02-2010 12:45 PM

Hi Belle, we actually do seem to get quite alot of US shows just shown on normal television, and then a whole heap more on Sky. CSI's are on channel 5, we seen to get those about 6 months after they are shown in America, NCIS LA is being shown on Sky at the moment, and we get the NCIS (original) on sky very quickly after the Americans, but on channel 5 this is a whole season even behind sky!! We do seem to be able to get hold of American shows alot easier than our cousins in the states!! I must admit, I have never watched any american television on the web, as there does not seem much point, as we seem to catch up quite quickly!!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nia M - 03-02-2010 06:13 PM

Yeah Sky shows quite a few US programmes - especially on E4, Sky 1&2 (etc.).
ITV2 also has a couple, and the BBC have a couple too (such as Heroes).

RE: What other TV do you watch? - wildcatuk1969 - 07-02-2010 06:47 PM

I like... Csi, QI, Mock the Week, Supernatural, Criminal Minds, True Blood and Vampire Diaries.... is that a mixed enough collection xxx