Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - fanofChristine - 26-02-2010 02:34 PM

Heroes was getting pretty strange though. I think they should have put a limit to Hiro's powers Big Grin Time-travel screws everything.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 26-02-2010 02:36 PM

I agree with you, but the changes they had to make due to the writers' strike really derailed where they were going. That Irish woman that Peter was hanging out with has now been abandoned in a future that will never happen. They also need a major recurring super villain other than Sylar.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nia M - 26-02-2010 09:39 PM

I gave up on Heroes mid-way through series 3 - far too many complicated story-lines at once for me to grasp hold of.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 27-02-2010 03:49 AM

In their orignal plan for the show they were going to have a different cast each season. However, the cast was so popular and the writers liked working with them so much they kept the same cast going forward. I often wonder what it would have been like if they had stuck with the original plan.

Interesting side note, Tim Kring's first writing job was on the show Misfits of Science in the 80s.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - phoenix - 01-03-2010 05:36 AM

(26-02-2010 09:39 PM)Nia M Wrote:  I gave up on Heroes mid-way through series 3 - far too many complicated story-lines at once for me to grasp hold of.

me too! Although, I think I stopped watching when Mohinder's back erupted in those weird boil/spot/bump things. That was the last straw. I have a terrible phobia of spots and to see that lovely man all marred was just a bit too much.

Other shows I watch religiously that are still airing are: The Big Bang Theory, Bones, House, Fringe, Castle, and Lost.

Shows that are no longer airing that I love [and insist on re-watching every few months] are: Alias, Firefly, the X-Files, Relic Hunter, BBC's Robin Hood, and Jeeves and Wooster.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 01-03-2010 10:55 AM

I think many people gave up Heroes... I started the season that they're airing (I lost count) and decided not to watch it anymore... For me the storylines and plots were too far-fetched...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 01-03-2010 03:00 PM

I think I'm going to have to go back and get caught up on Fringe at some point.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Silktie - 01-03-2010 04:56 PM

I love Fringe, it's pretty cool, and sometimes very gross! I love Walter, he's such a mad scientist.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 01-03-2010 05:04 PM

Yeah, but one of the reasons I stopped watching in the first place was that Walter was just a little bit too off the wall. Plus somehow all of the stuff that was so messed up, somehow, Walter had done it 20 years ago. Basically the world is just catching up to Walter even though the big evil corporate guy had access to much of Walter's research. If he'd been locked up for...say...five years and about half the stuff they encountered had been originated by Walter, I could buy that, but it's been 20 years and like 90% of the stuff they come across was created by Walter.

But with the info I heard about his son, it may be just interesting enough to pull me back in.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 30-03-2010 12:55 PM

Just wondering if anyone is planning to watch The Pacific when it starts next week? Made by the Band of Brothers people. Also has it already shown in other countries, and if so is it any good? I am worried that it has been bigged up too much in the UK.