Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 30-03-2010 12:57 PM

I think it starts on HBO shortly, but I've not watched much TV in the last month or so.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Lukyan Lyubof - 30-03-2010 01:57 PM

According to the Radio Times, part one isn't the best but then part two suggests it lives up to expectations. So don't give up after part one!

Also one of the veterans whose story they are covering said all it needed was a bit more humour Smile

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 30-03-2010 02:00 PM

(30-03-2010 01:57 PM)Lukyan Lyubof Wrote:  According to the Radio Times, part one isn't the best but then part two suggests it lives up to expectations. So don't give up after part one!

Also one of the veterans whose story they are covering said all it needed was a bit more humour Smile

Thanks LL. That could be why they are showing two episodes back to back then. I think they did that with Band of Brothers to keep your interest when it was first shown.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 30-03-2010 02:19 PM

I've seen the first episode of The Pacific so far and really enjoyed it, thought it was very good indeed.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - tyme4t - 31-03-2010 12:06 PM

Again, I haven't had a chance to go through all 37 pages of posts yet on this topic so this may be a repeat.
I have been enjoying "Waking the Dead" - what a fantastic series. Trevor Eve is amazing as Peter Boyd. I have watched the first two series on dvd and working series 3 and 1st on the list at my library when series 4 comes in. BBCCanada has been showing more recent episodes too.
I am a fan of CSI & CSI NY (hate CSI Miami), Bones, Cold Case, Without a Trace...but I think WTD outshines them all.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - YourFutureMuse - 31-03-2010 12:34 PM

I really love waking the dead! Boyd is truly amazing Big Grin

I have started watching the Mentalist recently which I also like, usually I don't watch American TV shows that often but I make an exception for The Mentalist, House and Grey's Anatomy Big Grin
Ooh and what does evryone think of 24? I have never seen it but people say it is a lot like Spooks? Worth me getting a box set? haha

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 31-03-2010 01:21 PM

The Mentalist is good, when I remember to watch it. I keep forgetting to set the DVR to record it too.

24 is what Americans would expect from Spooks. It's pretty good. I'd argue they've 24ized Spooks starting with Series 5.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - HellsBells - 31-03-2010 01:44 PM

I am probably in the minority here, but I didn't like 24. I have only watched series 1 and found it to be too slow for my liking, and the way Jack seemed to only work on his own. But I know a lot of people really like this series.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 31-03-2010 01:45 PM

I didn't like it either. I didn't get past the first two episodes of season 1.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 31-03-2010 02:20 PM

(31-03-2010 01:44 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I am probably in the minority here, but I didn't like 24. I have only watched series 1 and found it to be too slow for my liking, and the way Jack seemed to only work on his own. But I know a lot of people really like this series.

No I agree HellsBells. I got to hour 5 of series 1, after guessing most of the plot up to that point correctly, and gave up. It really didnt do it for me and that was before my Spooks addiction.

I have purchased the complete Sopranos box set but have only watched 4 episodes so far and I have had it for a couple of months now. I havnt totally given up but it hasnt grabbed me like other people said it would.