Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 02-04-2010 06:23 PM

I think I'm even going to have to jump on the Mad Men bandwagon.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 02-04-2010 06:40 PM

Good!!! We can discuss it, so how many of us are in Mad men?
I saw the first episode yesterday, and it was good stuff, looks promising, but obviously you can't tell for only one episode.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 07-04-2010 05:39 AM

Mad Men is terrific, it just gets better and better. I would love to discuss it with anyone who wants to watch it. Some of us are planning a West Wing re-watch at some point too.

It gets better Bea - slow burn.

And tell everyone what you think of USoT babe!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 07-04-2010 10:21 AM

West Wing is in my list, but I started Mad Men, now, too busy Wink But as Damages is finishing in a few weeks time... I should organise myself Tongue By the way, how many episodes are there this season? 13 as always I suppose. Last episode, OMG!! (This rambling should have been in my head and not in writing...)

United States of Tara is awesome!!! I started it this Holy Week and I'm up to date now!! Toni Collette is brilliant in this role or, better, roles! I also love John Corbet but that is another thing...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 07-04-2010 12:35 PM

(07-04-2010 10:21 AM)Beatriz Wrote:  United States of Tara is awesome!!! I started it this Holy Week and I'm up to date now!! Toni Collette is brilliant in this role or, better, roles! I also love John Corbet but that is another thing...

Beatriz, I keep hearing about this United States of Tara. What exactly is it about?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 07-04-2010 02:27 PM

hahaha Maybe somebody has been twitting about it recently Silba

USoT is about a woman with dissociative identity disorder who is married and has two kids a boy and a girl. The main plot is how she deals with her other personalities, so to speak, or alters. Whenever she stressed or something shock her, she transitions to one of these alters, there are 3 of them: T, a sixteen-year-old flitrty girl; Buck, an ex-soldier guy who went to Vietnam and Alice a very conservative housewife.

The creator of this series is Diablo Cody who wrote Juno.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 07-04-2010 02:48 PM

(07-04-2010 02:27 PM)Beatriz Wrote:  hahaha Maybe somebody has been twitting about it recently Silba

USoT is about a woman with dissociative identity disorder who is married and has two kids a boy and a girl. The main plot is how she deals with her other personalities, so to speak, or alters. Whenever she stressed or something shock her, she transitions to one of these alters, there are 3 of them: T, a sixteen-year-old flitrty girl; Buck, an ex-soldier guy who went to Vietnam and Alice a very conservative housewife.

The creator of this series is Diablo Cody who wrote Juno.

Right. Not wishing to sound insensitive but is it a comedy?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 07-04-2010 03:48 PM

It's one of those awkward shows that straddle both. It has some very funny moments, but no, it's not a comedy in the way a sitcom or even Scrubs (which also straddles comedy and drama) is.

I love it, but if you don't 'get' it.....

Toni Collette is superb in it, really some of the best stuff she's ever done.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - fanofChristine - 09-04-2010 11:25 AM

(07-04-2010 03:48 PM)JHyde Wrote:  I love it, but if you don't 'get' it.....

Exactly. the emotional swings can be a little awkward for some people.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 12-04-2010 05:22 PM

So am I still the only Arrested Development fan on here? I want to talk about it with someone.