Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 12-04-2010 05:27 PM

The first few seasons of Scrubs were great. Then it began to wear on me.

I never got into Arrested Development. Then again there are a lot of shows that people tell me I should watch that I don't.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 12-04-2010 05:32 PM

I agree about Scrubs, the first few up to 6 are great, but 7 was pretty awful (writer's strike) and 8 wasn't great (although the last episode of 8 was amazing).

Don't even bother watching 9, it's shite.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 12-04-2010 05:34 PM

I got burned out after season 3. The writers' strike damaged and even killed several shows. The creators behind 24 did the smart thing. They just skipped the season altogether.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 12-04-2010 05:39 PM

The first three seasons of Scrubs are excellent. Innovative, stylised and the forerunner of the single camera show that blended comedy and drama.

Later seasons weren't so crash hot but there was always at least a couple of episodes in later seasons that were still brilliant. Season 6 was the weakest, seasons 6 and 7 too broad in their comedy. Season 8 was pretty good, I thought, had some of the old magic.

Arrested Development may be my fave show ever. Including the show we're here to discuss.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - YourFutureMuse - 12-04-2010 06:03 PM

I've never even heard of Arrested Development lol
Anyone know if its shown in UK? Soon as though it is coming so highly recommended Tongue

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 12-04-2010 06:32 PM

It's probably very cheap to buy the DVDs there, Musey - they're pretty cheap here. Unfortunately the show never got the ratings in the US, brilliant though it is.

I know you don't want to buy stuff though, so try and find it online. I'm sure it will be there. It's a cult thing.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 12-04-2010 09:19 PM

Don't tell me that I have to add another series to my really long list!!!! Sad It gets longer and longer!! and this makes me feel stressed Tongue Arrested development it is then, when the 2nd season of Tara finishes.

Has anyone watched Community? I've heard is really good.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 12-04-2010 10:38 PM

My new show that I want to watch is Parenthood. I am a huge fan of Peter Krause and Mae Whitman who are cast members and that's after the first five minutes that I've seen. Chris Chibnall (writer for Torchwood, Doctor Who and Law and Order UK) reckons it's one of his favourite shows so it's on my to see list.

I quite clearly love my television. In my defence, I haven't been studying for a few years and I'm single and don't have a life.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Aria - 15-04-2010 07:19 PM

I hope I'm not the only one, but I'm looking forward to watching The Prisoner remake on Saturday. Critics have generally given the show a thumbs down, but I'm still hopeful. Hopefully something with Ian McKellan and Jim Caviezel can't be that bad!!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 15-04-2010 07:23 PM

(15-04-2010 07:19 PM)Aria Wrote:  Hopefully something with Ian McKellan and Jim Caviezel can't be that bad!!

Seen it . . . not up to the original!