Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 15-04-2010 07:27 PM

I'm with the critics on that one but YMMV. I hope you enjoy it.

I might have enjoyed it more if they hadn't calledit The Prisoner.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Aria - 15-04-2010 07:27 PM

I don't remember the original all that much, so I will treat the new show as something seperate.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Aria - 18-04-2010 05:23 PM

Watched The Prisoner last night and I didn't think it was that bad. For a first episode it set the plot and characters up nicely. Ian McKellen was good, but Jim Caviezel was a bit disappointing. I think I expected more from a Hollywood actor. Wierdly his character's wardrobe, jeans and dark jacket, and his stoic facade kept reminding me of Richard Armitage. RA is definately better. Big Grin

Hopefully next weeks episode will be as good or better.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 19-04-2010 03:47 AM

Yeah, Ian McKellen was pretty good throughout. Caviezel just isn't that great in anything I've ever watched with him.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 19-04-2010 09:17 PM

I must see The Prisoner, but both, so I'll wait until summer. Meanwhile I've watched 5 episodes of Mad Men and I like it so far Smile Hard times for girls in those days...

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Jhokur - 20-04-2010 04:28 AM

Just watched Ballykissangel from the beginning to end of series 5... pretty enjoyable to me now that I've gotten older and understand more of things.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - CONDOR - 20-04-2010 06:34 AM

Hey do I have a rival for the lovely Keeley's affections Carter? as well as MM (lets face it, no contest there) haha!
OK my T V favourites:
Ashes to Ashes, very much for the same reason as Carter, though I do like Gene Hunt (not in the same way as Keeley you must understand, wouldn't want anybody getting the wrong idea) and the nostalgic trip to my youth with the music.
Dexter (because I could use a friend like him, there are a few people I could put his way)
The Apprentice (Love watching those arrogant, self obsessed contestants get put in their place)
NCIS (very much like a low budget, easy to follow Spooks, besides who wouldn't want a boss like Gibbs?)
Thought "Bodies" was great when it was on, very true to life
Coast (love the presentation and format, light and interesting television)
The One Show (once again easy to follow presentation of general rubbish, but entertaining, perfect for 19 00 hrs viewing)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 20-04-2010 08:30 AM

(20-04-2010 06:34 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  The One Show (once again easy to follow presentation of general rubbish, but entertaining, perfect for 19 00 hrs viewing)

Oh dear CONDOR. You must be upset today then? Did you hear the news? I have to say that I love this show too. Perfect for sitting down and watching, while having dinner.

I am sure that no one will respond to my following comment but I really love the American series Army Wives. It's on some distant satalite channel in the UK. It's a bit trashy and series 2 finished here last year.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - CONDOR - 20-04-2010 08:43 AM

Hi Tea Lady, Yes I did such a shame as presenters they actually make a good team and the program is really theirs but still life goes on.
Looking forward to sitting down to another episode from my series 3 DVD set of Spooks, actually since I discovered this series I don't get to see much actual TV

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 20-04-2010 11:19 AM

Welcome to my last summer world, I only watched Spooks, haha no place for tv...

(20-04-2010 06:34 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  Dexter (because I could use a friend like him, there are a few people I could put his way)

Another fan here!! Smile Have you seen 4th season finale? What do you think of it? (I ask everybody who watch this series) It was brilliant, from my point of view!