Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - HellsBells - 20-04-2010 01:15 PM

(20-04-2010 06:34 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  The Apprentice (Love watching those arrogant, self obsessed contestants get put in their place)

The only trouble with The Apprentice is that one of those contestants actually wins. It would be far better if they all got fired, I feel sorry for the people who have to work with the winner !
(Sorry if anyone knows any of the contestants)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - CONDOR - 20-04-2010 04:04 PM

hahaha! you are so right, but I can't believe what some of them write in their C.V.s these are supposed to be intelligent people. The down side of the program is that they are getting a bit "samey" following the same tasks year in year out.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - CONDOR - 23-04-2010 10:01 AM

Don't know if it has been mentioned already as I simply couldn't read through all 42 pages of posts, but if you like Spooks I am sure that you will like the series "State of Play" we bought it on DVD very cheaply and were transfixed, great storyline, the only incredible thing was that John Simm played a reporter with scruples! Great political thriller with all of the intrigue and gadgets of Spooks. Highly recommended

RE: What other TV do you watch? - fanofChristine - 23-04-2010 01:04 PM

(23-04-2010 10:01 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  Don't know if it has been mentioned already as I simply couldn't read through all 42 pages of posts, but if you like Spooks I am sure that you will like the series "State of Play" we bought it on DVD very cheaply and were transfixed, great storyline, the only incredible thing was that John Simm played a reporter with scruples! Great political thriller with all of the intrigue and gadgets of Spooks. Highly recommended
ooooh! This was quite a while back but I remember the story being very gripping. They made a movie out of this recently and am planning to watch. Also, it's the only thing I like by David Yates including the HP films.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - HellsBells - 23-04-2010 01:35 PM

I taped "State of Play" when it was on TV, and have never got round to watching it, maybe I'll dig out the tapes if it's that good.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - CONDOR - 23-04-2010 02:24 PM

Hells Bells it is only £5 on DVD in a well known supermarket where "every little counts". By the way are you a fan of Richard Briers as I seem to remember that was virtually his catch phrase in "Ever Decreasing Circles" (Hells Bells!)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - HellsBells - 23-04-2010 03:16 PM

Oh yes I remember Ever Decreasing Circles, excellent comedy. I was more of a fan of the next door neighbour, was it Peter Egan ?
But the name really came from the fact Harry sometimes uses it and I just panicked when I had to think of a user name.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 23-04-2010 03:36 PM

(23-04-2010 02:24 PM)CONDOR Wrote:  By the way are you a fan of Richard Briers as I seem to remember that was virtually his catch phrase in "Ever Decreasing Circles" (Hells Bells!)

Oh that was a wonderful series. Was it Howard and Hilda next door? Matching jumpers etc

RE: What other TV do you watch? - HellsBells - 23-04-2010 03:54 PM

The matching jumpers.........how could I forget those !!! Howard and Hilda so happy together but so completely strange.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - CONDOR - 23-04-2010 03:55 PM

Indeed, we are sad enough to have it on DVD, still just as funny, I tend to see myself as smooth as Paul (Peter Egan), Unfortunately my wife seems to think that I am more like Martin (Richard Briers), Hells Bells! can you believe it?