Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - YourFutureMuse - 26-04-2010 10:38 AM

I LOVE outnumbered haha Tongue
Was it the last ep when there was a reference to Spooks as well.
The little girl in it is brilliant! Although she does a little bit remind me of my little cousin I have to babysit hmm haha :/

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 26-04-2010 11:21 AM

Outnumbered is brilliant. I am an episode behind though so looking forward to the Spooks moment. Loved the first episode when they went to London and they used the disabled loo on HMS Belfast. The mother had to develop a limp very quickly....

RE: What other TV do you watch? - CONDOR - 26-04-2010 11:28 AM

Yes we are ploughing through series 1, and episode 3 is wonderful, especially when Karen (the little girl) asks her Grandad "When you die will you be dug up by foxes like my hamster was?"

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 26-04-2010 11:31 AM

(26-04-2010 11:28 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  Yes we are ploughing through series 1, and episode 3 is wonderful, especially when Karen (the little girl) asks her Grandad "When you die will you be dug up by foxes like my hamster was?"

That is so funny. I have not watched many of the first two series so now I will be putting them on my Christmas list.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - A Cousin - 26-04-2010 01:25 PM

From what I understand, every thing on BBCA is neutered! When we watched the first episode with Matt Smith as the "New Who" my nine year old caught that they cut the "Beans are evil." line. We then had to explain the concept of editing for commercials.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - HellsBells - 26-04-2010 01:55 PM

(26-04-2010 06:21 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  Just been introduced to "Outnumbered" what a very well observed program the children are brilliant in it

I have seen this a couple of times. This is just too much like my home life, I don't seem to find it funny Smile

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 26-04-2010 08:23 PM

Why cut Doctor Who for commercials? It's about 45 mins, just extend the slot to an hour? MADNESS.

I liked the first few episodes of Outnumbered, then it all wore thin with me. It became predictable and in parts, not funny.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 26-04-2010 08:26 PM

I thought they showed the "Beans are evil" line on BBC America. I remember it any way.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 26-04-2010 09:18 PM

(26-04-2010 01:55 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  
(26-04-2010 06:21 AM)CONDOR Wrote:  Just been introduced to "Outnumbered" what a very well observed program the children are brilliant in it

I have seen this a couple of times. This is just too much like my home life, I don't seem to find it funny Smile

I know what you mean about this. I have no desire to watch the Big Bang Theory, no matter how good it might be, because I don't want to see a bunch of clever, nerdy people making jokes about the silly things in their life, Mostly because that sounds far too much like my life at the moment and is a little purposeless.

I think berto said something similar when we chatted about this show too.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Aria - 26-04-2010 09:39 PM

I'm really enjoying The Pacific which is on Sky on Monday nights. Great acting and extremely sad. I didn't know much about the war in the pacific so its been a real eye-opener. Obviously it embellishes some stuff for dramatic licence but I have been moved to read up on the war.