Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 27-04-2010 01:56 AM

I haven't actually seen any of that yet. It's been pumped hugely over here not only for the local actors and others who have worked on it but also because it fits well given that we just had our national day of commemoration. Plus, it's part of our history. Only part of it though - there was also an excellent doco on Kokoda this last weekend on the ABC. Worth seeing even if you're not Australian. It is simply called Kokoda and part 2 is shown this Thursday. I suspect that it will get a lot of repeats too and make a killing in the ABC shops.

That last pun is unfortunate but I'm having trouble phrasing it differently.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 27-04-2010 01:59 AM

House still rocks. I'm enjoying the current season of 24. Lost the final season rocks, unless they totally let me down.

I've gotten into Castle recently. It's a really good show.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Tea Lady - 27-04-2010 08:00 AM

(26-04-2010 09:39 PM)Aria Wrote:  I'm really enjoying The Pacific which is on Sky on Monday nights. Great acting and extremely sad. I didn't know much about the war in the pacific so its been a real eye-opener. Obviously it embellishes some stuff for dramatic licence but I have been moved to read up on the war.

I am sticking with The Pacific but I am struggling a little with it. I don't think there is enough action to keep you interested. Yes I know the marines went through hell and some had breakdowns and killed themselves but a lot of screen time in the last three episodes has concentrated on this. Also, apart from Leckie, none of the other characters have really been fleshed out and I don't even know their names. Anyway, I will stick with it and I may even see if you can buy Guadalcanal Diary which is supposed to be the holy bible of that conflict.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - fanofChristine - 02-05-2010 11:57 AM

Just started watching Being Human. It's about a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost all living together in one house. I find it interesting as I feel like I'm looking into the life of an alcoholic with the vampire character. I know, it sounds kinda cheesy.

Also, I finally watched Arrested Development! Wow, it's so... wild! I love the awkward-scene cuts and when scenes cut to awkward scenes. Amazing casting. They're so perfect for their roles (except maybe, Maeby). Also, I enjoy the show's speed which is really fast, the closest match I can think of is 30ROCK.

sorry about the confusing wording. XD

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 02-05-2010 12:00 PM

FINALLY! My new friend!!!

Best show ever, like if I could only own 3 DVDs of TV, it would be those three. I love Buster and Gob best, I think.

I like Alia Shawkat. She was also recently in Whip It!, which is a great movie if you haven't seen it.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - fanofChristine - 02-05-2010 12:13 PM

I've only seen season 2 (lent season 1 to my friend) but I had no problems with the story. My favorite is Tobias and his blue men! I

Yeah, I want to watch Whip It! but sadly it didn't show here in the Philippines. I'm trying to catch it on DVD.

I looked up why you said 3 DVDs and just found out that there are only 3 seasons. Sad I am sad.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 02-05-2010 11:37 PM

Being Human is interesting, but it just seemed off when I was watching it. And then I realized it was the commercials and the bits that get edited out to allow for the commercials. Once I realized that, I really like the show.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - CONDOR - 03-05-2010 10:49 AM

Have been enjoying Hustle ,I know it is a bit old now, but a favourite of some of you, in fact on your recommendation I bought the first series. Obviously not the same intellectual level of writing as Spooks, but fun to watch and makes for a light hearted contrast.

Does anybody know if and when series 3 of Dexter is being shown over here in the UK?

RE: What other TV do you watch? - fanofChristine - 03-05-2010 01:46 PM

(02-05-2010 11:37 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Being Human is interesting, but it just seemed off when I was watching it. And then I realized it was the commercials and the bits that get edited out to allow for the commercials. Once I realized that, I really like the show.

Yeah, I can see them doing that. There are a lot of "unecessary" scenes that are important for the characters' development. There was one scene with Annie where she was just staring at a wall for about 30 seconds! Probably exaggerating but yeah.

Has anyone seen Flashforward? After an explosive first episode, it went super slow. If anyone endured it, please tell me if it's worth it. I like the premise but I think it's one of those shows where it can easily get confusing.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 03-05-2010 01:54 PM

Unfortunately, I only caught the second episode of Flashforward and it didn't hook me.