Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - redCHOCHO - 28-05-2010 03:23 PM

(28-05-2010 01:34 PM)bertowud Wrote:  I watched NCIS LA last week. It's pretty decent.

You should watch the regular NCIS which is the orginal. It is a great show...good story lines and humor here and there.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Aria - 28-05-2010 05:24 PM

I'm looking forward to watching Terry Pratchett's Going Postal over the weekend. Some very good people are in it, so fingers crossed that it's good.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 28-05-2010 07:00 PM

I occasionally watch NCIS. It's pretty good even though I'm not Mark Harmon's biggest fan.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 28-05-2010 07:10 PM

6th of June The IT crowd comes back!!!! yay!! Looking forward to it!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Aria - 28-05-2010 11:30 PM

Don't know if anybody else watches the ITV Above Suspician dramas based on the books by Lynda La Plante with one of my favourite actors, Ciaran Hinds, but it has been re-commissioned for a third series next year. Yay!!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - TygerBright - 02-06-2010 06:58 PM

Almost hooked on Luther, now that the end of series 1 is nigh. Took me 2 episodes to get into but after initial doubts I think it has potential, with better writing. EVIL pre-season finale cliff-hanger.. and cute little nod to Law&Order SVU in this week's ep.
Idris Elba is very .. intense.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nitrus - 02-06-2010 07:03 PM

It's soooo goood.. Idris Elba is brilliant in it. This week's episode was a little "over-written" they were trying to do too much with the storyline. But I did like that Luther didn't know what was going on for once.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - TygerBright - 02-06-2010 08:18 PM

yeah, I too had the feeling that they were cramming too much in one ep. As if there's no tomorrow (or a series 2 Big Grin).. it's going to be tough to tie up all lose ends in next week's 58 minutes (plus all the action as seen in the teasers). Really wonder what'll become of Alice. She irritates and fascinates me in equal measure.
Can't wait for next week.
Luther in his brilliance always reminds me of D'Onofrio's Robert Goren ('nother wonderful actor and fascinating character - his exit was a good two-parter too). Goren was less angry (at least outwardly) but equally unorthodox and brilliant.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 04-06-2010 06:44 AM

I've finally got around to watching some of Mary McCormack's show 'In Plain Sight' - it never found a regular timeslot out here. It's better than the average cop show, I think, even if the music is a little outdated. She's a good actress and I'm glad she got a show after the West Wing finished up. I haven't seen the episodes with her friends Josh Malina and Allison Janney yet, but I'm only a few episodes in. The guest stars are pretty good, from what I can tell, looking forward a fair way.

The premise of the show is a really good one, about an Federal Marshal who looks after people in witness protection and she has some really dodgey family members too. Easy but engaging television, good for a Friday afternoon.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - lwhite53 - 04-06-2010 01:33 PM

I like "In Plain Sight" a lot when it focuses on the marshall's job and their interaction with protected witnesses. It gets a little draggy when Mary's family story takes over and I really hate the character of her mother.

I'm a happy camper, at the moment, as "Burn Notice" is back!