Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 19-06-2010 10:13 AM

(18-06-2010 11:39 PM)fanofChristine Wrote:  I just re-watched season 1 of Mad Men. I agree with your description of the show. The period of the show and how they portrayed it is what really got me into Mad Men. Rachel Menken's story still breaks my heart Sad

Rachel is the character I identified with the most too. But the Peggy/Don dynamic is my favourite on the show.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 23-06-2010 04:13 AM

Has anyone seen the fourth and fifth seasons of Murphy's Law? I honestly thought the show stopped after season 3, which was the best of the show by quite a long way based on hat I've seen. The first season was good, the second appalling and the third really bloody good but I thought that was the end of it - maybe because they were the only DVDs on sale in Australia at the time.

The premise of the show is a really interesting one and what drives Tommy Murphy is a really decent bit of character writing. The way season 3 finishes is actually a way I could see Spooks ending, almost anti climatically appropriate.

I really like Jimmy Nesbitt, which is the main reason I started watching the show in the first place.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - rbs89 - 23-06-2010 09:17 AM

Bones
Criminal Minds (i see there are a couple of fans here)
House
NCIS
House
The Fixer
HU$TLE
Dr Who

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 23-06-2010 09:21 AM

House appears twice in your list. You must really like it!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 23-06-2010 01:12 PM

House is a wonderful show. I finally got around to watching the season finale last night while doing a class online. Good stuff. Hopefully the ending wasn't a hallucination. This season has been quite a bit darker than most of the rest.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 23-06-2010 02:28 PM

The season finale is brilliant, I agree, if it's a hallucination I will kill the writers!!! They've done that!! I'd rather House had ended that way... hope they don't blow it.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - rbs89 - 24-06-2010 08:13 AM

(23-06-2010 09:21 AM)JHyde Wrote:  House appears twice in your list. You must really like it!

House isn't my favourite, but I got distracted while making the list.

Having missed out most of season 4 and 5, I really enjoyed season 6, and the finale was pretty cool... i can't wait to see how the relationship moves forward.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 02-07-2010 07:11 AM

Something I forgot to mention when talking about Murphy's Law is that it could be really appealing to those of you who like the undercover work on Spooks. Admittedly it's police undercover, but Tommy Murphy (Jimmy Nesbitt) goes deep cover on most operations, especially in the later seasons, so there is a fair bit of tradecraft involved as well as watching someone struggle with identity and with doing bad things to keep cover.

I've just started watching the fourth season (it arrived today!) and it seems to be tonally a lot like season 3 which was excellent. Plus, it has Jimmy Nesbitt, who I think is worth the price of admission anyway.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Nia M - 02-07-2010 03:12 PM

I'll definitely be giving Identity a go on Monday; I need something to fill the gap in my weekly TV watching now that Ashes to Ashes and Doctor Who are over Tongue

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Aria - 02-07-2010 05:09 PM

(02-07-2010 03:12 PM)Nia M Wrote:  I'll definitely be giving Identity a go on Monday; I need something to fill the gap in my weekly TV watching now that Ashes to Ashes and Doctor Who are over Tongue

Thanks for reminding me, Nia. I'll be sure to put it in my Sky planner Smile