Spooks Forum
What other TV do you watch? - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Thames House (/forum-13.html)
+--- Forum: Break Room (/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: What other TV do you watch? (/thread-12.html)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - whufan - 08-10-2009 01:28 PM

I did the whole 7 series of WW in about 3 months. I got totally hooked, but not enough to buy them (I rented from Lovefilm) or to want to watch again but I would highly recommend it as it was excellent drama.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Beatriz - 08-10-2009 06:41 PM

Has anyone watched flashforward? I started it yesterday,it looks promising Smile

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 08-10-2009 11:20 PM

Sadly, no, I keep forgetting it's on and haven't remembered to set the DVR to record it. I'll check hulu soon for it.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Silktie - 09-10-2009 05:33 AM

(08-10-2009 01:21 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I dont think anyone has mentioned The West Wing. I have tried to get my friends to borrow my DVDs but they are not interested. I really cant understand why. It is an absolutely brilliant series and I am now on series 6. It is the best series to come out of the US in the last 15 years. Put it on your Christmas list, you will not be sorry. My all time favourite though is Winds of War from the 1980's with Robert Mitchum and a whole host of stars. Pug and Pamela were legends. Smile

Argh! Can't believe I forgot to put it on my list, it is one of my all-time favourite shows, and one of the few I actually own the DVDs of. It is absolutely brilliant. I also recommend it very highly.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - bertowud - 09-10-2009 01:41 PM

Yeah, I think some people keep hoping Bartlett will run for President one day.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - Lucasfan - 22-10-2009 05:27 AM

Almost anything British, - because Australian TV is rubbish!

and don't start me on the ad breaks.....every 10 minutes and the volume of the ads is so loud......and the ad breaks are at such stupid points in the programme...... Angry

no I said DON'T start me on ad breaks.......Big Grin

they also show a great deal of American stuff...but sadly, not good quality American stuff..........

so be thankful for British TV...it really is the best in the world.....(apart from talent shows and BB!)

RE: What other TV do you watch? - almh - 22-10-2009 09:17 AM

Eurgh, ad breaks!!! I hate it, ITV drives me up the wall (and all the other channels that do it.) And they're the same ads! Couldn't they have a bit of variety?!?!

RE: What other TV do you watch? - JHyde - 31-10-2009 01:03 AM

The shows I love, and have really influenced me a a writer are:
The West Wing
Weeds
Spooks (obviously)
Arrested Development
Doctor Who and Torchwood (for totally different reasons)
Scrubs
United States of Tara
Love My Way (an Australian pay TV drama that is really excellent)

I'm surprised so little comedy has been mentioned.

I also like to watch Grey's Anatomy for the medical stories and because I love Sandra Oh and Chandra Wilson. There's also some writers and directors working on that show who worked previously on others I loved...I tend to follow them around. Same goes for 30 Rock, Breaking Bad and Damages.

RE: What other TV do you watch? - icuboy - 31-10-2009 03:33 PM

Well apart from Spooks , in no particular order :
Ashes to Ashes
Life on Mars
Doctor Who
Torchwood
The Wire
Scrubs
HIGNFY
Mock The Week
The Simpsons
And a whole lot of other stuff - I try and keep up but the job gets in the damn way! Smile

RE: What other TV do you watch? - almh - 31-10-2009 03:38 PM

Yay! Doctor Who, Torchwood, HIGNFY and Mock the Week all on there Wink That's about all the tv I watch, excluding Spooks, of course. As I think I said earlier, I sometimes watch Holby City/Casualty. Waterloo Road I watch on off. Did anyone else see last week's episode? It was sooo irritating, Tom Chambers character was driving me up the wall, and Miss Hopewell (oh dear, ironic name) was the most pointless person ever.