Spooks Forum
[spoilers] Episode 8 summary - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary (/thread-1272.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - Kirayuki - 02-11-2010 07:28 PM

(02-11-2010 10:44 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Ian Wylie's blog is up for episode 8

http://lifeofwylie.com/2010/11/02/spooks-be-ready-for-anything/

All I can say is WTF???
Sounds like we are going to see everything in this episode, but just when we think we have seen it all, there is something thrown in at the last moment to throw us all into a spin !!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally satisfied with that once again. What we'd do without Wylie i'll never know. Tongue

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - Naivety - 02-11-2010 10:42 PM

Couple of things that jump out at me.

1. Marriage advice from Lucas to Ruth??
2. The voicemails to Harry's son and daughter - could be a tear jerker.
3. The photo of Harry and Ruth featured in the article. I know that we decided that it was a fake to tease us, but why use it again in this blog? I am sooo hoping that it is hinting towards a reconciliation. It must at least be telling us there will be Harry and Ruth moments. Please let there be a happy ending on that score!
4. The postscript. Jeez - what's that all about?

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - Kirayuki - 02-11-2010 11:26 PM

Just checked that photo against episode 1 again and it was almost definately a still shot taken when they were filming that scene at the end of episode 1 i'm afraid. Harry's ties the same and she's in the same coat... the locations them same too. So not a new scene then. Sad
(Was probably for advertising purposes etc...)

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - BravoNine - 03-11-2010 12:17 AM

(02-11-2010 10:42 PM)Naivety Wrote:  1. Marriage advice from Lucas to Ruth??

This is the most puzzling of it all.....Lucas? Giving Ruth marriage advice?? Ummmmm.......Lucas? Seriously?Huh Since when does he give marriage advices? The guy's love life is a huge gigantic mess, and he's giving marriage advices??

That's like asking me to give advice to a nuclear physicist!! Dodgy

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - George - 03-11-2010 12:26 PM

(02-11-2010 10:42 PM)Naivety Wrote:  Couple of things that jump out at me.

1. Marriage advice from Lucas to Ruth??
2. The voicemails to Harry's son and daughter - could be a tear jerker.
3. The photo of Harry and Ruth featured in the article. I know that we decided that it was a fake to tease us, but why use it again in this blog? I am sooo hoping that it is hinting towards a reconciliation. It must at least be telling us there will be Harry and Ruth moments. Please let there be a happy ending on that score!
4. The postscript. Jeez - what's that all about?

His blog has to be read "between the lines", think for example of:

Series 9.7 Spoiler: show
life, death and ironing -> use of the iron by NW
Series 9.8 Spoiler: show
high level meeting -> meeting on the rooftop?

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - Naivety - 03-11-2010 09:21 PM

(02-11-2010 11:26 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  Just checked that photo against episode 1 again and it was almost definately a still shot taken when they were filming that scene at the end of episode 1 i'm afraid. Harry's ties the same and she's in the same coat... the locations them same too. So not a new scene then. Sad

I know the photo was part of the promo for the series and the opening episode, there was big discussion about the authenticity of it before series 9 started. What I meant was, why use it again now? I don't think any of the other pre season photos have been used again. There's probably little significance, you're right that it's wise to take the Wylie blogs with a pinch of salt, but he gives the best taster for what's coming up. He's one of the few blogs written by an obvious fan.

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - Tea Lady - 03-11-2010 11:41 PM

(03-11-2010 09:21 PM)Naivety Wrote:  
(02-11-2010 11:26 PM)Kirayuki Wrote:  Just checked that photo against episode 1 again and it was almost definately a still shot taken when they were filming that scene at the end of episode 1 i'm afraid. Harry's ties the same and she's in the same coat... the locations them same too. So not a new scene then. Sad

I know the photo was part of the promo for the series and the opening episode, there was big discussion about the authenticity of it before series 9 started. What I meant was, why use it again now? I don't think any of the other pre season photos have been used again. There's probably little significance, you're right that it's wise to take the Wylie blogs with a pinch of salt, but he gives the best taster for what's coming up. He's one of the few blogs written by an obvious fan.

I see what you are saying Naivety. Do you think Wylie is trying to give us a message? Perhaps it's one of those Nitrus stenography things again. Unless all the other promo photos were just vomit inducing. The five I saw on Film Review Online for 9.8 were all of John and Maya!! Eeesh. I'm willing to believe anyway. Smile

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - Silktie - 04-11-2010 05:33 AM

Unless it's just to highlight how hard the decision will be for Harry, because he loves Ruth so much? I'd love a hug, but I fear if we see anything like that it'll be because they intend to kill one of them. So in that case, I'm fine with getting nothing this episode. Really!!

RE: What are the Albany Files ? - Deb p - 04-11-2010 08:24 AM

Hi all
Does anyone else out there in Spooks land have any throes on what the Albany file actually is ????. I have only come across Binkies which I think is very good. Me and my other half bounce ideas off one another every night. Forgive me if I have missed some. Our latest is following on from Binkies idea that Lucas/John is the Albany file, and that Maya is a doctor in psychology ( she seems unskilled in all other things medical ! ) and she helped develop and control the potential brain washing or psychological control that has given Lucas/John the split personality and works with Vaughn. Far fetched I know but we do have fun coming up with our different theories !

RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 summary - George - 04-11-2010 08:52 PM

(02-11-2010 09:27 AM)KoiGal Wrote:  If Lucas/John is a sleeper agent he will just wait.......days, weeks, years. His real identity will only emerge after being woken up. There were many references to awakening in last night's episodes. Irrespective of all his past actions, it's all deep cover surely?

Awakening as in
Series 7.7 Spoiler: show
Tiresias awakes?