Spooks Forum
Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion (/thread-1277.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - theeyeshaveit - 28-10-2010 03:58 PM

(28-10-2010 02:35 PM)agent68 Wrote:  He used the dead gunman's phone and I'm pretty sure that wasn't an i-phone. I know he did have an i-phone earlier but I thought he threw that away when he realised he wasn't speaking to Harry.

I agree with all points.

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - agent68 - 28-10-2010 05:11 PM

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - NightOwl - 28-10-2010 06:18 PM

(28-10-2010 05:11 PM)agent68 Wrote:  I may be over analysing the episode but when the team on the Grid were listening into Lucas speaking to the fake Harry - when Ruth said that Lucas thought he was speaking to Harry she seemed to say it in an almost satisfied way and when Ruth commented that Lucas hadn't killed Danielle it was with an air of disappointment.

I'm sure Ruth can't be trusted and as I mentioned somewhere before I think that's why she never accepted Harry's proposal because although she loves him she knows that ultimately she will betray MI5 which also means Harry.

I continue to suspect Ruth of involvement as well since she seems the most likely person to have provided access to the Russians and Chinese of the Grid. Assuming that they got help to access the Grid.

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - Naivety - 28-10-2010 06:36 PM

(28-10-2010 05:11 PM)agent68 Wrote:  Being the sad-o that I am, I have watched it again to try and piece together any information/ideas but I still have no idea what's going on. I did notice that the operator prompted for info and it was after that that the beep came and then Lucas gave details.

I may be over analysing the episode but when the team on the Grid were listening into Lucas speaking to the fake Harry - when Ruth said that Lucas thought he was speaking to Harry she seemed to say it in an almost satisfied way and when Ruth commented that Lucas hadn't killed Danielle it was with an air of disappointment.

I'm sure Ruth can't be trusted and as I mentioned somewhere before I think that's why she never accepted Harry's proposal because although she loves him she knows that ultimately she will betray MI5 which also means Harry.

I'm sorry, but I am going to respectfully disagree with you on some points here.

I also interpreted the bleep to mean that the call was disconnected and this came after the operator asked which service he required. He then requested an ambulance, gave a description of her condition and said they would need an 'air medevac'. He then went over to Danielle and took over the pressure, gradually releasing it a finger at a time.

When the grid were listening to Lucas's calls, Ruth sounded triumphant when she realised that Lucas had twigged that the kill order didn't come from Harry. I also caught a note of pride when Beth asked if Lucas would carry out the kill order and Ruth said 'He might, because it came from Harry'. She looked towards him with a look of respect at this moment.

I really think that Ruth doesn't want Lucas to go bad, because she doesn't want to heap another load of trouble on Harry's shoulders. She cares too deeply for Harry to ever be pleased when he is betrayed by one of the team. It's probably one of the reasons she didn't tell him - she wanted to have some proper evidence first.

I still cannot see how Ruth would betray Harry, her country or MI-5. I truly hope that there is too little time left now for me to be proved wrong, because it would be a heart breaking end to a great series.

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - neuro - 28-10-2010 08:04 PM

(27-10-2010 07:52 PM)femaleBertieWooster Wrote:  
(27-10-2010 07:22 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(27-10-2010 07:13 PM)neuro Wrote:  
(26-10-2010 08:25 PM)femaleBertieWooster Wrote:  Are we supposed to believe that the Russians and Chinese were able to compromise MI-5 entirely on their own or did they have help from a mole?

maybe some one hacked the home office app on the home secraterys phone and used that to piggy back into the grid :-)

LOL! Damn that Towers! I knew he was in on it! No wonder he had that half-assed excuse to get "Beech" off the grid. Big Grin

That first comment is not mine. I know zip about hacking and pretty much buy whatever the writers are selling.

Not Towers, notice the glare he gave Harry when leaving. Harry ordered them out, Towers gave Beech the best diplomatic excuse he could think of. Check again, it was an awesome glare. Towers was not pleased to put it mildly.

well it could be some young SPAD how downloaded it for the HS and didn't relise that his iphone got hacked as he used it in a public place - and they probably think apple computers don't get viruses.

I think your right and it was just a throwaway line but if you where being a sneaky writer getting the HS to innocently bring an infected device inside the grid is one plausible vector.

oh just thought that memory stick that Lucas downloaded the Albany file to did vaughn give him that as that could be another way.

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - agent68 - 28-10-2010 08:08 PM

That's what makes this so intriguing - we all have our own take or own way of interpreting situations, tones of voice etc.

Much as I hate wishing time away - I can't wait unitl Monday.

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - A Cousin - 28-10-2010 08:47 PM

(28-10-2010 06:36 PM)Naivety Wrote:  I also interpreted the bleep to mean that the call was disconnected and this came after the operator asked which service he required. He then requested an ambulance, gave a description of her condition and said they would need an 'air medevac'. He then went over to Danielle and took over the pressure, gradually releasing it a finger at a time.

After re-watching several times,the call was disconnected, I am sure of it. You hear the emergency responder pick up the call and speak on the other end, Danielle mentions Albany, then there is the disconnect bleep, and then no more responder voice. Even as "John" is seemingly answering questions. Either the EMS (or whatever the British equivalent is) traced the call and came anyway, (They do here. I've lived it. Long story.) or Lucas called after she dies on his phone. He couldn't leave her laying there without running the risk of implicating himself further. She was known to be in his care.

I would agree that Danielle surviving that long after a hit to a vein in the neck is a bit implausible. Are there any doctors in the house who can tell me if it is possible survive a graze to the exterior jugular? It seems a small vein in comparison to the Interior Jugular which is on the other side of the neck.

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - lottie1993 - 28-10-2010 11:25 PM

I don't suspect Ruth at all what motive would she have for betraying Harry? And she sounded shocked when Tariq told her the grid had been compromised and she wanted to get evidence for Harry before she went to him about Lucas/John and she seemed upset and hurt and scared when he didn't believe her.
(28-10-2010 01:00 AM)pook Wrote:  
(27-10-2010 05:47 PM)femaleBertieWooster Wrote:  How about, "tell me about Albany or I'll take my hand off your neck. You've got 1 minute."

Somehow I assumed that she knew about Albany by looking through Malcolm's window and overhearing him and Lucas talking. Have I misunderstood and is she somehow involved in Albany? I thought she was just testing Lucas when she mentioned Albany, for some reason letting him know that she was aware of what he'd been up to ...

Does anyone have any theories as to why Danielle mentioned Albany? Seems a strange thing to bring up in your dying breaths.

Loved the last scene with Lucas/John clutching his neck - almost as if the situation was suffocating him. Brings back the scene in the Russian prison when he tried to hang himself, also episode 5 when he was strangled with the belt. Can see a theme here - not sure if it will continue.... will Lucas eventually die from stangulation?

Ros kept being in bomb scares before she ended up dying from a bomb....

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - BravoNine - 28-10-2010 11:46 PM

(28-10-2010 06:36 PM)Naivety Wrote:  When the grid were listening to Lucas's calls, Ruth sounded triumphant when she realised that Lucas had twigged that the kill order didn't come from Harry. I also caught a note of pride when Beth asked if Lucas would carry out the kill order and Ruth said 'He might, because it came from Harry'. She looked towards him with a look of respect at this moment.

I really think that Ruth doesn't want Lucas to go bad, because she doesn't want to heap another load of trouble on Harry's shoulders. She cares too deeply for Harry to ever be pleased when he is betrayed by one of the team. It's probably one of the reasons she didn't tell him - she wanted to have some proper evidence first.

I still cannot see how Ruth would betray Harry, her country or MI-5. I truly hope that there is too little time left now for me to be proved wrong, because it would be a heart breaking end to a great series.

I thought Ruth looked rather proud when Lucas figured out that the order didn't come from Harry, she had this look on her face that seemed to say that she was grateful and very proud that Lucas, despite the pressure and circumstances, was still able to figure out that it wasn't Harry making the call. In fact, I would go as far as to say that the whole entire team was proud that Lucas came through.

I can't really see how Ruth can betray MI5 or Harry just as I couldn't see Lucas doing the same. But you never know, they gave Lucas a pretty damn strong reason to, I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Ruth one too.

And even if Ruth is a traitor, I think, just like with Lucas, it's not all black and white. A mix of choices and circumstances brought Lucas into this mess, he didn't just wake up one day and decided to do traitorous things, so if Ruth is betraying her country, then I'm sure it's not as black and white either.

(28-10-2010 11:25 PM)lottie1993 Wrote:  I don't suspect Ruth at all what motive would she have for betraying Harry? And she sounded shocked when Tariq told her the grid had been compromised and she wanted to get evidence for Harry before she went to him about Lucas/John and she seemed upset and hurt and scared when he didn't believe her.

Well, the issue is that the scenes can be interpreted in many different ways. For all we know Ruth could be acting shocked, she could be putting up a front that matches what we normally know about Ruth.

This is Spooks after all, ANYTHING can go.

RE: Series 9 Episode 6 discussion - lottie1993 - 28-10-2010 11:49 PM

I refuse to believe she's a traitor. I am worried now looking back on past episodes she always has wanted to get in to peoples buisness.....