Spooks Forum
Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - Printable Version

+- Spooks Forum (http://www.spooksforum.co.uk)
+-- Forum: MI5 Operations (/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Series 9 (/forum-29.html)
+--- Thread: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion (/thread-1305.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - Gazelle - 03-11-2010 09:03 PM

(01-11-2010 10:39 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  *takes another valium*

As for the Ruth story !! ... Everything Harry tries with her fails. I can't see that there is anything more he can do to bring the old Ruth back. The way she shot the Frenchman at the end? She didn't care did she? She had no feelings inside her.

I know what you mean, I'm hoping there is something Harry can try though (if there's time in episode 8 that is, in amongst the Lucas dramas) - he needs to tell Ruth he loves her (he's never actually done this). Far from having no feelings, I think Ruth is just numb from all that's happened but deep down she still loves Harry, it just needs to come out in the open. Maybe after the emotional rollercoaster she's been through this episode and next it might just happen...
(01-11-2010 10:45 PM)LiteraryLady Wrote:  As for the Ruth/Harry storyline....I fear for Ruth's mortality next week. it feels as though she is either going to quit to find her heart again or get killed.....maybe die in the lovely Harry's arms. i would hate for either of these storylines though!

Me too - S10 without Ruth would be unbearable, really hope the scriptwriters don't do this.

Also, I agree with other posts saying Dmitri's a good character - it's nice to have his more lighthearted outlook, it's a refreshing contast to the dark Lucas plot and the H/R sadness in S9.

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - Simone - 03-11-2010 09:15 PM

@FATBOY Oh, yes, definitely gonna have to remember which parts were subjective memories

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - Tomsdouble - 03-11-2010 10:23 PM

Gazelle

You mention Series 10. Is there definitely going to be one? I certainly hope so. Do you know something we don't? Undecided

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - Kirayuki - 03-11-2010 10:34 PM

Well regarding series 10 Ian Wylie heard from a good BBC source. The actual confirmation hasn't been released yet but he's usually pretty reliable. Smile

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - GrendelKhan - 03-11-2010 10:38 PM

(03-11-2010 10:23 PM)Tomsdouble Wrote:  Gazelle

You mention Series 10. Is there definitely going to be one? I certainly hope so. Do you know something we don't? Undecided

Yeah. Do you?

Sadly, I don't think Richard Armitage is going to continue with the show.
This episode had me on the edge of my seat.

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - Tomsdouble - 03-11-2010 10:45 PM

Here's hoping, Kirayuki!

The last two episodes have been brilliant. As good as anything from Series 3 (for me the show's best series).

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - Puppetmaster - 03-11-2010 11:49 PM

At the beginning of Series 9 - Peter Firth said they had written two endings (presumably dependent on whether there is to be a 10th series or not) and that he had had to go back to film the alternative ending
Series 9.8 Spoiler: show
and that he had blood on his costume. That sounds as if they might have written a conclusion to this long drawn out story of betrayal if there is to be no 10th series, but is someone going to be left dying on that rooftop if there is going to be another series.
I really hope we don't have to wait another year on the edge of our seats wondering who it will be.

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - BravoNine - 04-11-2010 04:23 AM

(03-11-2010 05:59 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  
(03-11-2010 05:17 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  Okay, maybe I was clinging to Lucas's leg at one point....but that for strategic purposes....Silba

That wasn't his leg. Wink

*Gasp* What are you implying?Confused

Silba I would never do such undignified things!

Remember Lucas is in my cookie jar....Big Grin

And no Lucas, just because you're looking at me with those puppy dog blue eyes doesn't mean I'm gonna let you out...Dodgy You are in BIG doo-doo this time!!

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - JHyde - 04-11-2010 08:14 AM

Something I forgot to mention that I liked: Deery and how his character is exonerated as well as Five's appraisal of him. Tragic though what happens, it is also a telling reminder that not everyone who wants the job should get it. It's a job that few people can do. Deery was right to be suspicious but he wasn't right for the Service. How he reacts to the trauma is evidence of that.

RE: Series 9 Episode 7 discussion - BoHenley - 04-11-2010 09:24 AM

(03-11-2010 11:49 PM)Puppetmaster Wrote:  At the beginning of Series 9 - Peter Firth said they had written two endings (presumably dependent on whether there is to be a 10th series or not) and that he had had to go back to film the alternative ending
and that he had blood on his costume. That sounds as if they might have written a conclusion to this long drawn out story of betrayal if there is to be no 10th series, but is someone going to be left dying on that rooftop if there is going to be another series.
I really hope we don't have to wait another year on the edge of our seats wondering who it will be.

Wait a year if there's someone dying on/off the rooftop? No way! Surely we can all band together and collectively BRIBE the Kudos writers...? Silba
Some more thoughts, adding to those from previous posts.

Which flashback is real?
Who's still lying?
Why is Maya still in the car (and not running for her life) unless it SUITS HER PURPOSES to be there? (and what is she a doctor of?)
Is John/Lucas brainwashed (he sure acts like it)? As Binkie pointed out, Vaughan keeps filling in his background FOR HIM.
(speculation only for the next one, but I'll put it under spoiler tags. Sorry Nitrus, just don't want to upset anyone)
John/Lucas is Albany, and Albany is a "programmable" killer, is that why the Russians captured him and why the Chinese want him (and why Harry says that he's "invaluable to me")?
Or if Albany was one of Harry's jobs, did Harry use John/Lucas as a killer?